AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Regarding Remarketing Code

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Guys,

I have two campaigns for two different websites under one Adwords account which belongs to the same owner. I have one remarketing campaign running for one of the websites and want to start another remarketing campaign for another website. So, I just want to know that is it possible to place the Existing (same) Remarketing Code on two different websites.

Is this the right way..? Will it going to have a any bad affect in anyways.?

Please let me know your views on this.

Thanks,

Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PPC Tuneup
September 2015

Re: Regarding Remarketing Code

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

yes you can use same remarketing code on both websites. 

But while making remarketing lists make sure you are not targeting domain A users for domain B ads (assuming you have different products)

While creating remarketing lists you can use url filters as shown in the image below to create 2 different remarketing lists for 2 different domains

Sorry image upload is not working:

You can go to shared library>> audience >> New audience >> Remarketing list 

Here you will be able to create different lists as described above

Edit: Above answer is assuming you are using new remarketing code

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This is really interesting....

I have a client with two distinct accounts. Each account promotes a website - the two sites are independent.

It would be great for us if I could place remarketing code from account A on site B and then remarket to these people from account A with landing pages on Site A.

I'm guessing that if I take a new remarketing code from account A and place it on the pages of site B the audience will build.

My question is threefold:

1. will this work?

2. will I then still be able to segment on the basis of url visited (or part thereof)?

3. it this permitted?

This opens up a lot of possibilities - I guess that since we own both sites and both are advertising already (i.e. neither is in breach of site policies) then it shouldn't make a lot of difference to Google where we run the remarketing to or from... but I'd rather check before propsing this to my client... so if you have experience of this I'd be keen to hear.

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Azeem,

I think you will want separate remarketing lists for the 2 web sites, that means get a new remarketing code for the second website.

@Steve: I have asked the question to the policy team. It is ok to use a remarketing list built on one web site to market a second web site. Ex: You have 2 web sites, aaa.com and bbb.com. You want to create a remarketing list on bbb.com for remarketing aaa.com. Even if the 2 sites are not in the same account and even if you don't own both web sites, you can generate the remarketing code for aaa.com and place it on bbb.com.

Best of luck to you both!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

yes you can use same remarketing code on both websites. 

But while making remarketing lists make sure you are not targeting domain A users for domain B ads (assuming you have different products)

While creating remarketing lists you can use url filters as shown in the image below to create 2 different remarketing lists for 2 different domains

Sorry image upload is not working:

You can go to shared library>> audience >> New audience >> Remarketing list 

Here you will be able to create different lists as described above

Edit: Above answer is assuming you are using new remarketing code

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This is really interesting....

I have a client with two distinct accounts. Each account promotes a website - the two sites are independent.

It would be great for us if I could place remarketing code from account A on site B and then remarket to these people from account A with landing pages on Site A.

I'm guessing that if I take a new remarketing code from account A and place it on the pages of site B the audience will build.

My question is threefold:

1. will this work?

2. will I then still be able to segment on the basis of url visited (or part thereof)?

3. it this permitted?

This opens up a lot of possibilities - I guess that since we own both sites and both are advertising already (i.e. neither is in breach of site policies) then it shouldn't make a lot of difference to Google where we run the remarketing to or from... but I'd rather check before propsing this to my client... so if you have experience of this I'd be keen to hear.

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Azeem,

I think you will want separate remarketing lists for the 2 web sites, that means get a new remarketing code for the second website.

@Steve: I have asked the question to the policy team. It is ok to use a remarketing list built on one web site to market a second web site. Ex: You have 2 web sites, aaa.com and bbb.com. You want to create a remarketing list on bbb.com for remarketing aaa.com. Even if the 2 sites are not in the same account and even if you don't own both web sites, you can generate the remarketing code for aaa.com and place it on bbb.com.

Best of luck to you both!

Pete

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Thanks a lot @petebardo, @stickleback, @theniks.

I really aprreciate your feedbacks. BUT i have some more questions that i will be following up later.

So, please dont forget this post.Smiley Tongue

Thanks once again.Smiley Happy

Cheers!

Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Everyone,

I recently asked my client to place the Re-marketing code on specific pages which i want to remarket (The code is placed correctly) But when i am trying to make the audience list for these specific pages i see the size of the list which gets generated is very small and which is not true at all because i have ample visitors to these pages. I also checked the data in Analytics for these landing pages whether they are meeting the goal of 100 visitors and they did.

I am not sure why the size list too small ? am i missing something..? OR is it like there should be 100 visitors to the particular landing page within a month.( I hope this is not the case )

Apart from this i have one more query related to the same. The criteria of 100 visitors includes PAID + ORGANIC OR ONLY PAID.?? I hope you get my point here what i am trying to say..!!

Looking forward for your feedbacks/Answers.

Best

Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Can anyone provide some feedbacks to my last query..?

Azeem

Azeem Shaikh

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Azeem,

First, if you installed the code as provided, anyone who visits this page is added to the remarketing list.

The list needs to reach 100. If the duration of your list is 30 days, then you would need 100 visitors every 30 days for the list to be eligible.

When did the client place the code?

Are you looking at only dates since then?

Pete

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the reply.

Here are my answers:

1] My Client palced the code a week back.

2] No, i checked the data for last couple of months.

I am really confused here.!!  Is it like i have to create the list after the code is placed..?

Thanks,

Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh