AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Regarding GDN - Managed placements

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is regarding managed placements:

While experimenting with the possible placement options through managed placements, i came across certain sites from the GDN that do not have 'Ads By Google' currently running on them.

Does this mean that though the site is registered with on the DN, but no one has placed any ads on them yet (i m aware this is highly unlikely when one of such sites is IMDB.com)

How is an advertiser supposed to know if these websites are currently a part of the DN or not?

Please help!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Regarding GDN - Managed placements

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

To answer the first part, my understanding is that when the publisher using Google Ad sense tends to insert the code on the website displaying ads by Google, there would be different options and display mode to select with. So based on what possible display settings the publisher has chosen, ads will be shown in that format.

To answer the second part, I don't think that there is any reference mentioning who all are the partner sites under the Google Display Network. There are few mentioned in this article. But I think it's not feasible to get an idea because the partners of Google Display Network keeps on growing everyday. Best would be to check the Placement Tool and Google Ad Planner tools, which can give you idea of what kind of ads are allowed and how much estimated impressions your ads can get.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

HI Ketakid,

If you manually add the placement, there's no gurantee that site shows ads. If the placement tool recommends a placement, it's a pretty good bet the site shows ads somewhere.

Often, AdSense publishers only show ads in certain sections of the site or or certain pages. I run AdSense, but only on 2 out of about 800 pages of our site.

That's about all I know!

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"Does this mean that though the site is registered with on the DN, but no one has placed any ads on them yet (i m aware this is highly unlikely when one of such sites is IMDB.com)"

I would say that, even though the site is registered on the DN, but they have right to reduce or remove the ad inventory any time they want.