AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Referrals from own site to specific page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Others have posted queries that sort of touch upon this, but I couldn't find anything on this specific issue.

Simply put: I have one page (/signup), and I want to know which of my other pages people come from when they end up on /signup. So not referrals from other sites but from my own pages.

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
February 2016

Re: Referrals from own site to specific page

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Vinh,

Do you have Google Analytics on your site?  If so, see directions below.  If not, I recommend adding Google Analytics, or another web analytics program to see this data, as a report like this isn't available via just AdWords reporting.

These steps should give you the data you want to see.

1. Log into your Google Analytics Account
2. Click on Behavior (left hand side navigation)
3. Click on All Pages
4. Either search for, or select /signup, and click on that page
5. Above your visual graph, you should see a tab called Navigation Summary -> click on that

Here you should see the previous pages that were visited prior to /signup

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
February 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Vinh,

Do you have Google Analytics on your site?  If so, see directions below.  If not, I recommend adding Google Analytics, or another web analytics program to see this data, as a report like this isn't available via just AdWords reporting.

These steps should give you the data you want to see.

1. Log into your Google Analytics Account
2. Click on Behavior (left hand side navigation)
3. Click on All Pages
4. Either search for, or select /signup, and click on that page
5. Above your visual graph, you should see a tab called Navigation Summary -> click on that

Here you should see the previous pages that were visited prior to /signup

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
It's a hard chart to decipher, that navigation, though that is what you are asking for. I would turn your signup into a goal and see which pages have the most number of goal conversions.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hey Vinh,

Agree with the other responses. This can't be done in AdWords so you will need to setup or utilize Google Analytics. There is a whole Advertiser Community for Google Analytics once you get to that step: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Analytics/ct-p/Google_Analytics
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sounds smart. Asking my admin to enable Goals ...