AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Reduced Mobile Bids to -100%, Still Getting Mobile Traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I created a Display Network Only Campaign. 

I am using Interest Category Targeting feature.

I do not want Mobile traffic, so I Adjusted mobile bids to -100% (screenshot is attached).

After two days, I was surprised to see that almost 40% of the clicks were still from Mobile devices. (Screenshot is attached for this as well).

What exactly is going on here? Please help as I only wish to show my Ads on PC's & Tablets.

Thanks

screenshot2.png

screenshot1.png

Re: Reduced Mobile Bids to -100%, Still Getting Mobile Traffic

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I never encountered such an problem myself and I use the -100% bid adjustment in a lot of campaigns where the websites are not mobile ready.

Are you 100% sure that you have setup the -100% mobile bid adjustment before enabling the campaign and adding keywords/ads to allow traffic ? Unfortunately the Change History Log does not show when bid adjustments occured, I checked.

If the bid adjustment has not been added only recently, only a google support engineer could tell you more by looking in the account directly , so contact support using this link :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Yes, I am 100% sure about this.

However, I had not excluded Mobile Apps as placements. And all of the clicks I received are from Mobile Apps (Both from Tablets & Mobiles).

But still, if I chose -100% for Mobile - why were the Ads shown on Mobile Apps on Mobile Devices?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Since the impressions are reported under the mobile segment the system recognized the traffic as being from mobiles and it should have blocked it. This shouldn't happen so contact support. It wouldn't be the first tehnical error I see. I always exclude the placement adsenseformobileapps.com