AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Recording CPC Bid changes in the API

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hi All,

Is there any way to pull the change history as it is seen in the interface for bids, budgets etc... using the Google API into an internal tool in php?

I know that we can pull out other details like ad scheduling, addition of keywords, status for adgroups/campaigns, addition/deletion of ads.

What I really need is the bid and budget changes.

Anyone tried doing this?

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Recording CPC Bid changes in the API

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Shweta,

I'm not a big user of the API but I think this might be of use to you.

CustomerSyncService

Central to the service is the CustomerSyncService.get method. You’ll use this method to retrieve all entities that have changed within the account for a given date time range and set of campaign IDs

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey Adam,

Thanks for this. Let me look into this. I am not sure of this though. I think this is the code that just lets you check if adgroup/campaign status has changed or the addition and deletion of keywords/adgroups/campaigns.

Even so, I will implement this and verify. Will get back to you on this.

Thanks for the effort!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey Adam,

I tried doing this and yes, it still gives me only the other details. It does not pull the bid/budget changes that I am looking for.

Smiley Sad

Thanks though! 

Anyone else faced this issue? and has a solution??

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shweta,

Did you manage to find a workaround to obtain the bid changes from the API?? I'm having the exact same problem, it only gives me back the basic changes to the campaign.

Or does anyone else have a suggestion?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi nakikkert,

Unfortunately, no... The API doesnt seem to provide for this that I know of.

Does anyone have any solutions to this?

Cheers,

Shweta

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
CustomerSyncService only indicates what has been changed. From the documentation: "Use this service to retrieve the changed entities for a customer account or campaign based on the given date range."
Thus, only the entities(fields) that are changed will be reflected back- as this is a sync service. To view the changes in the actual amount, or the number of changes, those values need to be saved separately and compared.
Cheers!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey there, can you please suggest me a way using which i can save those values and separately compare them? i am having same issue but don't know how to get that.

Recording CPC Bid changes in the API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Exactly.  Any suggestions?