AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Real time Ad Update

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning everyone,

I have the following problem: we wanted to try these new Customized Creatives with the new Ad Customizer feature, but those won't get any impressions.

We have followed every step:

- We created and uploaded the Ad Customizer Data

- We did a bulk upload from the Ads with the right parameters (they were accepted, so I guess the parameters are the right ones)

- We created a Fallback Ad (standard Ad that will be shown whenever the Customized Creatives cannot be shown.

So these ADs don't have any single Impression/Klick altghough the Fallback Ads are working totally right...

Does anyone have had this same issue? Everything seems to be done properly according to the Google policies and guidelines.

Thanks in Advance!

Best Regards,

Ignacio J. Navas Martos

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ignacio Juan N
September 2015

Re: Real time Ad Update

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for all your support. We found the mistake.

The Ad Customizer Data we uploaded had a different name (let's say: "Voucher_Data_Feed") while we uploaded it, and then we edited it online via AdWords (renamed it "Voucher") so that it matched with the customizable objetcs names, the colums "voucher.value" and "voucher.month"

We just tried to upload the Ad Customizer Data with the correct name from the very beginning ("voucher"), without renaming it. That way the ADs are working right now.

Thanks for all your replies!!!

Ignacio J. Navas

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ignacio,

One thing you haven't mentioned is how you've defined your targeting, have you included this on the .csv file also?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Scotty,

thanks for the quick reply. We defined the targeting method based on Campaign & Ad Group. Yes, these also are included in the .csv file.

The Ad Customizer Data List is called "Voucher" and the atributes columns are named "Value" and "Month".

The ADs parameter we wrote in the ADs are the following:

{=Voucher.Month}
{=Voucher.Value}

Ignacio J. Navas

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Ignacio,

Do the targeting columns match your campaign and ad groups exactly in terms of both capitalisation and spaces?

I apologise in advance if the questions feel patronising, it's a new feature and I just want to make sure we cover all potential problems first.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi again,

No problem, you are just trying to help! Yes, the columns do match 1:1.

By the way thanks for your time and effort to help us here!

Ignacio J. Navas

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Ignacio,

Probably a silly question, but what are your Ad Rotation settings for this Campaign?  Are they set to optimise for clicks or conversions?  If so, this is probably why the new Ads aren't being shown...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ignacio Juan N
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for all your support. We found the mistake.

The Ad Customizer Data we uploaded had a different name (let's say: "Voucher_Data_Feed") while we uploaded it, and then we edited it online via AdWords (renamed it "Voucher") so that it matched with the customizable objetcs names, the colums "voucher.value" and "voucher.month"

We just tried to upload the Ad Customizer Data with the correct name from the very beginning ("voucher"), without renaming it. That way the ADs are working right now.

Thanks for all your replies!!!

Ignacio J. Navas