AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Real Time Bidding and AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a marketing student at Erasmus University in Rotterdam. I'm writing my master thesis on Real Time Bidding. I want to compare the effectiveness of using RTB versus not using RTB for advertisement campaigns of a hotel. My question is if I can, through Google Adwords, launch a campaign that uses RTB and a campaign that does not use RTB. It would be of great help to me if you could answer this question. Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Anastasia

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Real Time Bidding and AdWords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anastasia,

You can set up multiple campaigns with varying bid strategies.  I assume you're referring to Conversion Optimizer and Enhanced CPC or something along those lines as your RTB strategies?  Perhaps something else? 3rd party bidding system that uses AdWords API?

However, I present a question to you.  What are your plans to execute this experiment?  If you have two campaigns that are identical and vary the bidding options, they will be competing against each other.  You will not have an actual controlled experiment there. 

Just curious...

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello  Anastasia,

Ohhh.... RTB...one the hottest topics in online advertising...

Here is an interesting white paper Google published about 18 months ago on RTB;

Google-White-Paper-The-Arrival-of-Real-Time-Bidding-July-2011

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

adwords use RTB or not

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I through Google Adwords, launch a campaign that uses RTB and a campaign that does not use RTB. It would be of great help to me if you could answer this question. Anastasia

Re: adwords use RTB or not

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Anastasia;

We answered you yesterday. AdWords is not an RTB platform. Please review the document, by Google,  I linked 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: adwords use RTB or not

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi! I am a bachelor student writing a thesis on RTB and online advertising. Could I by any chance have a peek at your work?

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This three year old thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

==================

Note to @Kristian P: Please note that it runs counter to our Community Guidelines to ask for (or offer) assistance outside of the Community itself. For this reason, it is not possible for your request here to be honored. Please feel free to view our Guidelines, which are available here