AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Real Estate Adword Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

what is the best way to create campaigns and ad groups for real estate website? What is the best division? I would create campaigns by location, ad groups by town in those regions. Any other ideas please?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Real Estate Adword Campaigns

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey MayoRacek,

I'm running a few accounts that focus on real estate. I tend to setup a variety of campaigns to help capture all potential leads.

One idea is to separate campaigns by location, with the ad groups focusing on specific real estate terms:

Campaign #1 - Denver (Targeted to the United States)

Ad Group #1 - Denver Real Estate

Ad Group #2 - Denver Property

Ad Group #3 - Denver Homes

Another idea is to have a broader campaign targeted locally:

Campaign #2 - Broad Real Estate Terms (Targeted to Denver)

Ad Group #1 - Real Estate

Ad Group #2 - Property

Ad Group #3 - Homes

The Google Display Network is also a good medium to advertise through. I like to think of this outlet as more of a branding / awareness effort. Someone mjay find out about you through the display network, then do a search on Google, which your search campaigns will be there to back-up the 'awareness' ad.

A remarketing campaign tends to work well also. You can get very targeted with these. For example, if someone adds a specific home to their portfolio but doesnt send to an agent, you can then remarket that specific home/ad through the Display Network to keep reminding them of that 'dream home' they were somewhat interested in.

Just a few ideas. Don't negelect mobile device targeting or ad extensions as well. You can get pretty creative with how these are implemented as well.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks,

BI

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey MayoRacek,

I'm running a few accounts that focus on real estate. I tend to setup a variety of campaigns to help capture all potential leads.

One idea is to separate campaigns by location, with the ad groups focusing on specific real estate terms:

Campaign #1 - Denver (Targeted to the United States)

Ad Group #1 - Denver Real Estate

Ad Group #2 - Denver Property

Ad Group #3 - Denver Homes

Another idea is to have a broader campaign targeted locally:

Campaign #2 - Broad Real Estate Terms (Targeted to Denver)

Ad Group #1 - Real Estate

Ad Group #2 - Property

Ad Group #3 - Homes

The Google Display Network is also a good medium to advertise through. I like to think of this outlet as more of a branding / awareness effort. Someone mjay find out about you through the display network, then do a search on Google, which your search campaigns will be there to back-up the 'awareness' ad.

A remarketing campaign tends to work well also. You can get very targeted with these. For example, if someone adds a specific home to their portfolio but doesnt send to an agent, you can then remarket that specific home/ad through the Display Network to keep reminding them of that 'dream home' they were somewhat interested in.

Just a few ideas. Don't negelect mobile device targeting or ad extensions as well. You can get pretty creative with how these are implemented as well.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Casey,

I really thank you for your ideas, really worthy.

At first, I think that it is logical to divide campaigns by location because when someone want to buy or sell real estate, it must be somewhere. People are searching for house accidentally. They will write e.g. house sale London.

We measure visits, clicks and ctr whenever we sell ad space. We are not real estate agency, we just have a real estate portal to put real estate classifieds.

I will definitely use geo targeting and remarketing, love these options.

However, when I want to compare keyword match types how they are working against each other, should I have them under one campaign and in different ad groups?

Example:

Campaign: London
Ad group 1: London houses - broad matches

Ad group 2: London houses - exact matches

Ad group 3: London houses - phrase matches

Does it make sense? I want to test what works better.

I am an advanced beginner who wants to learn as much as possible, these are my first posts to community.

Thank you again

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey MaroRacek,

There are many options when when looking at match types and structuring them in a way to measure performance, but I dont think there is necessarily a right or wrong answer. More so just user preference.

I prefer keeping similar keywords in the same ad group, with all three match types. This helps by limiting campaigns/ad groups that you need to keep up with. Since all are grouped together, I like to bid more for the more targeted keyword, for example $1 exact, $0.75 phrase & $0.50 broad/modified broad. You can also asign labels to the various match types, that way you can segment them and view performance as a whole.

But again, just my preference Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Casey