AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

ReMarketing Retargeting and Filtering Bots

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to filter bots from out remarketing campaign? If we are paying CPM and bots are not filtered out, then we are paying for fake views of our ads. 

I am considering several different companies for our retargeting campaign, and this is vital to the decision. 

Thanks! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Lorraine P

Bots aren't anything to worry about for a remarketing campaign with Google Adwords for the following reasons:

1) Google has technology in place to detect things like this, and invalidate those impressions.

2) Remarketing is cookie based, and most bots can't handle cookies.

3) Remarketing lists are made up from a list of many cookies. It would be futile for a publisher to attempt to simulate a single user of their site for the purpose of driving up impressions. It just wouldn't be worth the effort.

4) You have frequency control settings. https://support.google.com/adwords/ans

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Lorraine P

Invalid clicks should  automatically  be filtered by the system, and you should see a credit on your account. If no credit was shown, then  Google with its sophisticated  tools did not find invalid traffic / clicks

A side note: For re-marketing I would suggest CPC. 

And another side note: with all other re-targeting platforms, (at least those I have tested) there is option for a  combination of  re-targeting  and another targeting method, as in Google.  There it's a "pure" re-targeting.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’