AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Re-marketing campaign placements (automatic)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello All,

I see lots of blogspot placements under re-marketing campaign's placements. Those have good CTR but I am not able to see what kind of content they have. What would be the possible reason that most of re-targeting traffic is coming from these blog sites? I already have excluded blogs then why ads are being served on such blogs. How can I make sure ads get displayed on relevant blogs? And how can see the content of these blog? 

remarketing placements.pngRemarketing campaign's placements

Thanks,

Vinayak

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Re-marketing campaign placements (automatic)

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Vinayak,

Thanks for posting to the Community. There are a number of reasons you could be appearing on these automatic placements, but the first thing I recommend looking at is your Max CPC. If you are not bidding competitively for your remarketing list, you may be ineligible to appear on other types of more competitive placements. Keep in mind as well that your automatic placements on a remarketing campaign are determined by the websites your past users visit, so their behavior is largely determining those placements.

If you do not want to appear on these placements in the future, you can also exclude them by clicking the check box to the left of any placement, then going to Edit > Exclude (campaign).

More importantly than the CTR, though--are these placements converting for you? Because if they are converting at a good rate, and with a good ROI, I would recommend leaving them.

Cassie

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Cassie,

Thanks for reply but my questions are slightly different. Let me put it differently-

1. Why am not able to see/open these placements? To decide whether I should exclude them manually I need to check the content of respective blogs right?

2. How can exclude all blogspot at once? Is there any regex like way to be used?

Thanks,
Vinayak

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Vinayak,

At the top of report you will see a select menu called "See details" you can use this to check full urls of either all the placements or selected placements.

Hope screenshot below helps you.

Placement.PNGPacement

To answer your second question, No you cant exclude all blogspot domains by something like contains blogspot or regex blogspot. You will can download the placement report filter blogspot domain and then paste them in exclusions.

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Nik,

Already checked this but most of the blogs are not available. And day by day number of such placements under remarketing campaign is increasing. Hence I asked is there any way to block/exclude all such blogspot websites?

remarketing placements2.pngremarketing placements1.png

Thanks,

Vinayak

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Another example --

How can these new placements are coming up with every new day.. and costing my campaign. 

remarketing placements3.png

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

Hi Vinayak,

Have you set up your Display Campaign Site Category Options? These are entire categories of sites you can remove in one go--for example, you can completely exclude parked domains from your placements. You can do this by going to the very bottom of any page in your Display Network tab and clicking on the red +Options button. From there, you can exclude whole groups of sites:

Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 9.35.22 AM.png

As far as I know, there is no way to exclude all blogspot placements since they are technically different domains (.in, .com). You will need to select them and add them to your placement exclusions.

Cassie

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Cassie. But this is also already done. Yes, unfortunately, there is no way excluding blog sites at once. Need to do it all at once manually from placement all details report.

Thanks all.

Vinayak