AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Re-marketing LIst for Search Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone!

I'm running search campaign, and i have implemented the re-marketing code in my website for the same... after 90 days in audience section it showing me list for both search and display as well, so i want to know how Google showing the list for both if my campaign is only for search. 

Search Re-marketing list size is 750 and display Re-marketing list is 4500.

Please clear my doubt.

Thanks,

Pawan

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Re-marketing LIst for Search Campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Pawan,

The list that you are talking about here is independent of the campaign type. The only difference comes when you want to use it for users that are on search network or on Display network. By default it will show you the list size for both the networks. Minimum list size varies for both the networks.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Pawan,

The list that you are talking about here is independent of the campaign type. The only difference comes when you want to use it for users that are on search network or on Display network. By default it will show you the list size for both the networks. Minimum list size varies for both the networks.

Pankaj

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hey Pawan, how are things?

Exactly what Pankaj said.

They remarketing lists and the data it collects is totally independent from the types of campaigns you're running.

Remarketing tags will collect data for both Search and Display network for certain users, if it's applicable.

That's one way that advertisers use to gather information for Remarekting, before running any campaigns, so that they can start Adwords with an already collected list of people to present ads to.

Don't worry about that, is just Googl way of saying: "Hey Pawan, I've seen that you installed the remarketing tags on your site, so here it is, if you ever desire to advertise for those people again, you can you these lists that I've collected for you".

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Leandro for the answer,

Still have some doubt, suppose i have a brand new website, and i have installed the re marketing code and run the campaign in search only, so size of audience list will be same for search and display or not.??

Thanks,
Pawan

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hey Pawan,

No, Search lists and Display lists will not have the same volume in audience. They could have, but it's VERY unlikely, since Display reach is far bigger than Search.

Here's an article that might help you understand more about remarketing for Search:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click