AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Tapping into Mobile App Installs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Kathleen,

I have been trying to setup app install campaigns for a bunch of different keywords now, but none of them show up due to low quality score - even though the keywords are an "exact match" between the search keywords and the ad copy, and I have optimized the play store description to include the keywords. The diagnostic tools if not of much use since it only seems to work for text ads.

Even in cases where the quality score is reasonable (5/10), the dashboard says that ads are not showing right now - but no details are offered as to what the issue might be.

Is there somebody I can speak to - in order to understand what I may be doing wrong?

Re: Tapping into Mobile App Installs

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Krishna, 

Welcome to the AdWords Community. Thanks for posting your first question here. 

One possible reason for this could be low bids. Text ads on AdWords require a higher bid than text ads on AdMob, due to the increase in conversion rates that the 1.5 click functionality provides. Due to limited ad slots in apps, clients who are bidding too low may not receive impressions.

Also, have you added the word “app” to your keywords? You may also add descriptions of what your app does as keywords. Make sure the keywords you pick correspond to search terms used by people looking for apps like yours. Try doing a search on your mobile for other apps and see what kind of keywords bring app ads. 

Hope that helps,
Mini