AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Re-Setting Statistics When Changing an Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Could someone tell me under what circumstances an ad's statistics revert to 0 when an ad is changed?

Is it always changed to zero no matter what change is made? Or do only certain changes cause it to revert to zero?

I just decided to change the url in all my ads from all small letters to correct punctuation. ie Capital letters for each new word in the url. That's the only change I made but I think in doing this I wiped out all the stats for each of my ads. 

I understand the thinking behind changing the stats, but I want to be clear on when it's done.

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roberta427
September 2015

Re: Re-Setting Statistics When Changing an Ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Roberta427;

We can argue about the logic, but that is the one Google has chosen:  to reset the data when making changes to an ad....Any change you make will reset the data. If you want to keep old data just delete / pause this one, and write a new one.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roberta427
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Roberta427;

We can argue about the logic, but that is the one Google has chosen:  to reset the data when making changes to an ad....Any change you make will reset the data. If you want to keep old data just delete / pause this one, and write a new one.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
As a short addition I'd note that when you edit the ad for whatever reason, Google in fact deletes the old copy and creates a new one. The stats of the old advert can be retrieved if you look at the deleted ad variants.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe,

Thanks. My biggest problem is going to be remembering that this happens. I always forget until I look at all those zero's.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Lakatos.

How do you view the deleted ads?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Roberta, just select the green Ads tab and then the All ads option on the dropdown below it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks!