AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Re, Quality Socre

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Dear Community, 

I have a question, I am managing a campaign, i had setup a campaign, but after 2-3 days keywords quality score going down day by day, May i know, what is a reason. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Re, Quality Socre

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Suman,

Actually every time someone does a search that triggers your ad, Adwords calculate a Quality Score.

To calculate Quality Score, Google Adwords always consider below points:

• Your keyword's past clickthrough rate (CTR)
  • Your display URL's past CTR
  • Your account history
  • The quality of your landing page
  • Your keyword/ad relevance
  • Your keyword/search relevance
  • Geographic performance
  • Your ad's performance on a site
  • Your targeted devices

There are few Possibilities beacuse of that your quality score are going down:

>> May bey Your keywords relevany poor

>> May be your keywords are not relevant to ad's title, description, or display URL

>>Your Account structure and your keyword groupings should be appropraite

>>May be your CTR (click-through-rate) is low

Steps which you can take:

Once you know your quality score, you can optimize and improve it, For that you just need to optimize your ad groups and other variables. Focus on the terms that have the weakest quality scores.

Text adcopy:

your text ad should be closely matches the keywords you’re bidding on. Are your keywords with a low quality score only vaguely related to your copy? Either change the copy, put the keyword in new group with specific ad copy.

Adgroup:

If Your ad groups are tightly focused then there is no need to use exact match on all keywords, but if broad or phrase match isn’t working maybe you should look to tighten it up. Also keep close eyes on negative matches. Negative matches help relevance and should help your CTR, thus improving your quality score.

CTR:

Next, review all poorly performing text ad copy by CTR. Can you rewrite the ad copy to tighten the focus? Rewrite and test. If this doesn’t improve your quality score, keep rewriting, or dump the ad. Be very careful making changes to ads that perform well, however, as this will also effect your score.

Keywords:

After conducting this optimization, remove any poorly performing keywords in terms of quality score. Low quality keywords can drag down your entire campaign, as Google looks at historical averages across your campaign and account, not just specific keywords. However, the higher your overall quality score, the more you can get away with some underperforming keywords.

Landing Page:

Review your landing pages. Don’t sweat this too much, as landing pages don’t really have much affect on you quality score, unless they are god-awful. They can certainly do you harm if you stray too far outside Google’s Adwords Landing Page Guidelines. Be relevant, clear, don’t trap users or try to fool them, and focus on usability.

Kindly visit this link too : http://adwords-mena-en.blogspot.co.il/2011/10/when-several-keywords-match-search.html

Hope it will help you!

Thanks
Anchal

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Suman,

In addition to what is already mentioned, as you said you noticing that QS is going down day by day.. In this case I would check few stats such as:

QS is a combination of CPC *Ad rank. I would suggest you to see Top Vs side stats and check on which ad position your CTR is good & converting. I would suggest to tweak bids and try to be on those position. This will help you in improving CTR.

Also Check Exact Match Impression Share. higher the exact match impression share means high relevancy between Search query and all exact match keywords in your campaign. 

Check search query report and weed out all negative keywords. As we know that QS is being calculated eveytime search query runs. So if search queries are relevant with the keywords in your adgroups it will enhance CTR and then QS. 

If you see keywords receving only impressions and not getting clicks and not converting either pause them or test them in separate adgroup with dedicated adcopy & landing page. 

Once you start optimizing your campaign in order to improve CTR, you will notice automatic improvement in QS & reduced cpc.

Edit: Improve CTR by community manager Zee.

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Hope above suggestions helps you someway!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Quality Score is a changing value and its not constant.

This change may be due to a lot of factors such as decline in CTR, irrelevancy of ads and keywords and many other unknown factors.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Suman,

Actually every time someone does a search that triggers your ad, Adwords calculate a Quality Score.

To calculate Quality Score, Google Adwords always consider below points:

• Your keyword's past clickthrough rate (CTR)
  • Your display URL's past CTR
  • Your account history
  • The quality of your landing page
  • Your keyword/ad relevance
  • Your keyword/search relevance
  • Geographic performance
  • Your ad's performance on a site
  • Your targeted devices

There are few Possibilities beacuse of that your quality score are going down:

>> May bey Your keywords relevany poor

>> May be your keywords are not relevant to ad's title, description, or display URL

>>Your Account structure and your keyword groupings should be appropraite

>>May be your CTR (click-through-rate) is low

Steps which you can take:

Once you know your quality score, you can optimize and improve it, For that you just need to optimize your ad groups and other variables. Focus on the terms that have the weakest quality scores.

Text adcopy:

your text ad should be closely matches the keywords you’re bidding on. Are your keywords with a low quality score only vaguely related to your copy? Either change the copy, put the keyword in new group with specific ad copy.

Adgroup:

If Your ad groups are tightly focused then there is no need to use exact match on all keywords, but if broad or phrase match isn’t working maybe you should look to tighten it up. Also keep close eyes on negative matches. Negative matches help relevance and should help your CTR, thus improving your quality score.

CTR:

Next, review all poorly performing text ad copy by CTR. Can you rewrite the ad copy to tighten the focus? Rewrite and test. If this doesn’t improve your quality score, keep rewriting, or dump the ad. Be very careful making changes to ads that perform well, however, as this will also effect your score.

Keywords:

After conducting this optimization, remove any poorly performing keywords in terms of quality score. Low quality keywords can drag down your entire campaign, as Google looks at historical averages across your campaign and account, not just specific keywords. However, the higher your overall quality score, the more you can get away with some underperforming keywords.

Landing Page:

Review your landing pages. Don’t sweat this too much, as landing pages don’t really have much affect on you quality score, unless they are god-awful. They can certainly do you harm if you stray too far outside Google’s Adwords Landing Page Guidelines. Be relevant, clear, don’t trap users or try to fool them, and focus on usability.

Kindly visit this link too : http://adwords-mena-en.blogspot.co.il/2011/10/when-several-keywords-match-search.html

Hope it will help you!

Thanks
Anchal

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Suman,

In addition to what is already mentioned, as you said you noticing that QS is going down day by day.. In this case I would check few stats such as:

QS is a combination of CPC *Ad rank. I would suggest you to see Top Vs side stats and check on which ad position your CTR is good & converting. I would suggest to tweak bids and try to be on those position. This will help you in improving CTR.

Also Check Exact Match Impression Share. higher the exact match impression share means high relevancy between Search query and all exact match keywords in your campaign. 

Check search query report and weed out all negative keywords. As we know that QS is being calculated eveytime search query runs. So if search queries are relevant with the keywords in your adgroups it will enhance CTR and then QS. 

If you see keywords receving only impressions and not getting clicks and not converting either pause them or test them in separate adgroup with dedicated adcopy & landing page. 

Once you start optimizing your campaign in order to improve CTR, you will notice automatic improvement in QS & reduced cpc.

Edit: Improve CTR by community manager Zee.

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Hope above suggestions helps you someway!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Re, Quality Score

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hii, anchal,

Thanks for reply, There is any limitation of display url for landing page.

Re: Re, Quality Score

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Suman,

for Display URL Policies visit this link: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=175906

Hope it will Help You!

Thanks
Anchal