AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Problems with copy/paste in AdWords Editor

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been having the same problem for about 4 days now.  I have been reading up on forums, blogs and other posts on how to correct the problem.  The solution you provided did NOT fix my problem.  I downgraded .9.5.1 and the problem persisted. 

I even tried uninstalling and removing all registry entries for AdWords Editor.  I rebooted and re-installed.  This seemed to have fixed the problem – but only for an hour or so.  I left my machine after testing if the copy/paste function was working and upon return the paste option was greyed out again.  I tried the same steps above in my registry and rebooted – but this time it did not work at all.  The paste option was greyed out.

I then reverted to the temp directory in Windows and deleted everything I could from there – this then allowed me to paste again – but once again, only for a short time and then I could not paste and the option was greyed out.

I then left it and carried on working on other things when I noticed that no formatting was being kept when copying in Excel and pasting it back into a worksheet.  No matter what I copied, all formulas, colours, etc. was lost.  I then started to research why this would happen and found an article about a Skype update that is stopping formatting being copied to the clipboard in Windows.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-excel/solved-excel-2010-word-2010-powerp...

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Installing-Skype-Click-to-call-breaks-Excel-2010-Paste-feature...

I then installed the latest Skype Click-to-Call.  I then tried to copy and paste and still nothing.  I went into my browsers settings for Firefox &Chrome and disabled the click to call add-on.

I then returned to Excel and all the copy and paste options were now available.  I then opened AdWords Editor and my copy and paste is now working. 

So, it looks like the Skype application is causing the problem.  So people have uninstalled Skype and all clipboard copy formatting works again.

So – to all those people having this problem – I hope the above solution helps you out like it did for me.

I am now able to work as before.

Happy again.

Marco

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Thanks for sharing your experience and solution MarcoC

View solution in original post

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi MarcoC,

You pretty much tried everything. Let me see if I can get someone to troubleshoot this further.
Zee
G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Thanks for sharing your experience and solution MarcoC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for this post.  I was having the same problem with adwords editor.  While my problem was not related to skype you got me thinking.  I had recently installed a clipboard manager called clipboardfusion.  I exited that program and paste was back.

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Great that it help you, Prodd.
Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6