AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Re; Low impressions and no clicks on Remarketing campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

We are running a remarketing campaign and we need help in increasing the clicks and impressions.  We have run other campaigns which have been successful before, we have checked the tag is active, and added some managed placements but still we have extremely low activity for this one particular campaign.

Could you please let us know what else we can do to improve the performance?

Thanks so much

Cherie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Cherie H,

When running remarketing you are usually advised to refrain from adding extremely restrictive targeting methods like managed placements. Unless the list size in the millions rather than in the thousands, adding managed placements will reduce your traffic to close to zero. That's exactly what you are experiencing. The advice is to get rid of managed placements.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to reply.  I originally wasn't running with managed placements and then thought this was a good idea after reading some more information but it looks like it works depending on list size.

I have now set up a brand new campaign just to see what happens there so fingers crossed I might see some action there.

Thanks again,

Cherie