AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Re: AdWords Editor 9.8.1 - Product Managers and Engineers are here to address your questions

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Mini, Adwords Editor version 9.8.1 is absolutely terrible in terms of performance.

I've contacted Ruth at support who can't seem to replicate the slow Adwords Editor performance I am experiencing yet... everyone else where I work that uses 9.8.1 experiences the same slow performance.  Furthermore, I installed 9.8.1 on a BRAND NEW computer and STILL encountered the very same performance issues that Ruth at Adwords can't seem to replicate.

Either it's the biggest coincidence ever or she doesn't fully comprehend what the problem is.

Here is a Jing video I've shot showing fields moving around and delayed performance.

http://screencast.com/t/sccc03X2H

I shot another video but can't post it here because it displays the client's privileged account information.

The primary problems are:

1. the search box in the top-right has been very affected by this new update.  Because the field jumps around, it takes precious extra seconds to perform a basic search as the program goes blank for a second waiting for the field to position itself.

2. the fields and select boxes below the grid view area (for example, on the keywords tab, you see the keywords field, match type select box, max cpc bid field, status drop-down, destination URL field) move around on the form.  They are not in static position anymore.  When I click to ‘Search within this view’ the search box becomes shorter width-wise.  Makes the program feel ‘jumpy’ and is partially responsible for the slowness experienced.

If you build campaigns as much as me, this slowness is a big deal.

I once again have to uninstall version 9.8.1 and go back to version 9.7.1 because of this absolutely terrible new version of Adwords Editor.  If you compare the speed of 9.7.1 to 9.8.1 you will immediately see a noticeable difference in performing basic tasks like creating adgroups, keywords, using the search feature in the top-right.

Plus, in version 9.7.1, none of the fields jump around or take an extra second to load.  It's a solid, stable program whereas version 9.8.1 may have new features but is not stable or solid.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Editor 9.8.1 - Product Managers and Engineers are here to address your questions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You are right, I logged on here to see if anyone else was experiencing the appallingly slowness and unresponsiveness that I am getting with the new Editor 9.8.1. Thank you for posting your 'solution' of going back to the previous version, I am going to try that. The new one is ridiculously bad, to the extent that I can not run my buinsess using it. I have just wasted hours. and when using the search and advanced search filters - it keeps jumping back, hiding and unhiding groups of keywords, it takes ages to try to highlight a keyword. I have no idea what has been done, because it used to be fast and responsive - please change it back - we rely on it!

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

@jaradcollier

Notwithstanding Ruth's inability to reproduce, this looks like a problem worth analyzing, especially since you say it manifests on a second computer. Problems like this are almost alwasys environmental, so please pass along to Ruth as much information about your computers as possible, especially if you are using some specialized graphics apps. If you've already done this, please ask her to contact the editor team. The nature of this problem does not lend itself to the community forum, so further discussion should be through the support channel.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

@jaradcollier

We have your youtube video. Will follow up through support channel.