AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Raise my mobile bid does this mean I get less impressions Desktop?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

when i Raise my mobile bid  does this mean I get less impressions from Desktop? 

I ask this because every since I raised my mobile bids up by 100% It seems like my desktop impressions have went down and that was not my intention. I just feel that I would rather pay more for mobile clicks, but i still want to show up just as much for desktop at my current bid

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shareef A
September 2015

Re: Raise my mobile bid does this mean I get less impressions Deskto

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Shareef,

The bid adjustment on mobile clearly doesn't affect the "base" bids for desktop - of course, what does happen is that you become more competitive in the mobile market and more of your budget may go to the mobile traffic, leaving less for the desktop traffic to get....

Are you hitting your daily budgets? If so, take a look back and segment by device to see how much of your budget was/is going to mobile traffic....

If you then decide you want to spend a certain proportion of your budget them you'll need to set up two campaigns, one where you set mobile traffic to -100% so that this targets desktop traffic (and, by the way, tablets - no way to segment these as yet) and another where you lower the desktop bid significantly (so that it is almost lost) and then raise the mobile bid by the maximum allowed +300%

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shareef A
September 2015

Re: Raise my mobile bid does this mean I get less impressions Deskto

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Shareef,

The bid adjustment on mobile clearly doesn't affect the "base" bids for desktop - of course, what does happen is that you become more competitive in the mobile market and more of your budget may go to the mobile traffic, leaving less for the desktop traffic to get....

Are you hitting your daily budgets? If so, take a look back and segment by device to see how much of your budget was/is going to mobile traffic....

If you then decide you want to spend a certain proportion of your budget them you'll need to set up two campaigns, one where you set mobile traffic to -100% so that this targets desktop traffic (and, by the way, tablets - no way to segment these as yet) and another where you lower the desktop bid significantly (so that it is almost lost) and then raise the mobile bid by the maximum allowed +300%