AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Radius targeting

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

I'm struggling to do something that I assumed would be straightforward....

I have a client who has a business type hotel - lots or traveling reps stay there during the week - and we get a fair number of site visits from mobiles. Figures that people are traveling and stop for lunch.... realize that they need to stop somewhere for the night and go looking for an hotel... so far so good, profiling and such!

So I want to run a campaign to target these visitors... so I can hike up my mobile bids - that's easy ... but here's where I',m struggling...

Ideally I want to target people who are a couple of hours drive away.

So - I set up a radius target of, say, 200 miles - an afternoon's drive. but hten I want to set up an exclusion zone with a radius of, say, 75 miles - so I create a "ring" around our location. But I don't see how to set up radius targeting to exclude an area.... am I simply missing something, or can this not be done?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Radius targeting

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Steve

You can't exclude by radius, it is only presented as a targeting option but you can target the radius and set the bid adjustment for it to as low as possible which is minus 90%

Re: Radius targeting

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Thanks @Adrian B - that's a workable solution! That should override the original targeting... so it will achieve what I want to do - I'll let you know how this works...