AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

RSLA, Audiences & Dynamic Remarketing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My problem/question is related to: Dynamic Remaketing, Audiences and RSLA. 

Here's the background for the question so if you have the answer you can understand what I'm aiming for.

We did an Dynamic Remarketing implementation in GTM and Data Layer. The tag is placed on the website with custom tags: "ecomm_prodid:", "ecomm_pagetype:", "ecomm_totalvalue:" and we get in GTM all three functions from data layer through "google_tag_params" macro. The tags are firing automatically with an event "fireRemarketingTag". Everything with that part works fine and I can see in ADW the Audience and lists both for Google search and for display. 

How can I build an Audience based on my custom tags "ecomm_prodid:", "ecomm_pagetype:", "ecomm_totalvalue:" and get them to work with Google search, to be able to use them in RSLA campaigns?

When I tried to build an Audience based on "google_tag_params" tags I get the audience list only for Google Display while it says that the list is not avaiable for Search. 

The Dynamic remarketing was implemented correctly and we get the "google_tag_params" in GTM and Audiences in ADW and it works both with Display and Search but it seems that I can't build Audiences based on tag rules for Google search network, only for Display. Why is that? 

Best,

Andrej

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrej C
September 2015

Re: RSLA, Audiences & Dynamic Remarketing

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Andrej,

I'll have a member of the AdWords team look into this query for you. Please keep an eye out for an email from their team.

Kathleen

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Remarketing Lists for Search Ads (RLSA) does not work with lists defined with rules using parameters. It only works with tag-based lists, rules-based lists only using the URL (e.g. "URL contains cart") and combinations of those.

See this:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Maxime. Thnx for your reply.
Yes, I knew that. I was more surprised that Google didn't upgrade RLSA campaigns according to Dynamic remarketing functions. Feels frustrating having an excellent product that you can't use with RSLA campaigns.
Since the system already lets you build lists defined by rules using parameters for Display network it's a matter of upgrading Audiences for Search network. The principle of how remarketing works is the same or?
However I got a reply from Google and they sent me an workaround that one can do in GTM but it would take to much effort and resources to implement it and it's not worth the investment.
Guess we need to wait for their update on Audiences for Search and RSLA campaigns.