AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

RON Content Retargeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are trying to figure out how to setup a run of network (or global) content retargeting campaign. Specifically we want to re-target our audience on every possible site and placeent. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: RON Content Retargeting

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello!

First, you need to set-up an audience remarketing list and insert the generated code into all of your website pages. The next step is to create the GDN campaign (banners/text-ads), assign the related-audience and website-topics. That's all. Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes we have obviously done that. We do not want to add related sites I want to add every site and target possible. That is what we are trying to figure out. I want run of network.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Just target your audiences in the display network campaign. Do not use keywords. Enable automatic placements.

Should do the trick!

Best of Luck,

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We already tried... says ads not running you must add keywords.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi InterFace,

Trust you doing great!

Can you see remarkting list under audience tab? I am sure you can, just to confirm.

Thanks,

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi InterFACE

I am assuming that you have selected Broad Reach in Google Display Network settings for your Remarketing campaign. First of all make sure that in your Remarketing List, minimum users accumulated are 100, so that your ad becomes eligible to be shown to those users.

Secondly in case it requires you to add the keywords based on the campaign settings you have selected, you will have to add them so that your ad appears on contextually related pages across Display Network.

For more details, refer to these following links:

Where your ad can appear on the Display Network depending on your targeting methods

Is there a minimum and a maximum number of users needed for a list? How quickly are users added onto...

Hope that helps you somewhere!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello.

I think the broadest you can go is in the following way:

- all interest categories available AND a member of your remarketing list (one campaign)

- all topics available AND a member of your remarketing list (another campaign)

- automatic placements and a small group of related keywords per ad group AND a member of your remarketing list (the third campaign)

You can thus control budgets at campaign level, and you can stay somewhat relevant at ad group level in the third campaign.

What you cannot do, obviously, is "give me all you've got, I want to 'stalk' Smiley Happy my visitors on any website on the planet", by targeting all automatic placements with no restriction whatsoever. Maybe because AdWords has relevance at its core, and if you're relevant for everything, you're not relevant for anything. And "she visited my website before" is no relevance criteria, I guess.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.