AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

RLSA's

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I setup a RLSA campaign using GA Segments?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: RLSA's

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Dan,

Unfortunately, the GA audiences can only be used for display remarketing. For RLSA, you can use remarketing tags, create a rule-based audience such as URL contains: "____") or use a combination of both. Here's more info: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

Hope this helps!
Amy Bishop, Clix Marketing

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dan P
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

It does make it sound that way.  I wish that were the case!  Unfortunately not.  Take a look at the pic below - if you go to your audiences within the Shared Library it will show you all of the lists that you have available and it will show your list size should you target Google Search.  For Analytics tags, it just says "Unavailable-Display Only"

analytics_tags.png

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Dan,

Unfortunately, the GA audiences can only be used for display remarketing. For RLSA, you can use remarketing tags, create a rule-based audience such as URL contains: "____") or use a combination of both. Here's more info: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

Hope this helps!
Amy Bishop, Clix Marketing

Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Amy,

Reading this article https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2611268?hl=en makes it sound like you can.

"Each session on your site or app is evaluated against the audience criteria. When a session meets those criteria, the associated cookie is added to the remarketing audience (unless it has been added previously). When a user associated with one of those cookies visits a site on the Google Display Network, that user may be served one of your remarketing ads (depending on who wins the auction for the ad). If you use Remarketing lists for search ads, you can also customize your campaigns to show ads to your users when they conduct searches on Google."
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dan P
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

It does make it sound that way.  I wish that were the case!  Unfortunately not.  Take a look at the pic below - if you go to your audiences within the Shared Library it will show you all of the lists that you have available and it will show your list size should you target Google Search.  For Analytics tags, it just says "Unavailable-Display Only"

analytics_tags.png