AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

RLSA - question about remarketing lists

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hello community,

I am using different remarketing lists like cart abandoners, visitors, people who already purchased before in search campaigns with setting bid only. Is it wiser to create custom combinations and exlude the other remarketing lists so there is no overlap or just adjust bids and set higher bid for cart abandoners and lower bid to just visitors of that website so the preffered list bid would be applied?

Thanks.

Tomas

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: RLSA - question about remarketing lists

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Thomas,

Yes you can create custom re-marketing list as per you. Please find below the links for How to create a custom combination list:-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549111?hl=en

Thanks,
Anand

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Tomas,

If you are already clear with what sort of the different combination of lists are you running, then definitely you should start using the custom combination lists as well. Doing that would actually help you understand how different sort of users interact with your ads, which segment of users actually convert. So I believe using custom combination can help you take the strategic decision and optimize the account more effectively.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
OK, thanks for help, but that was not exactly the answer I am looking for. Example: I will have 3 different lists within an ad group and there might be customers who belongs to every each of these remarketing lists. That means the data won't be accurate - it won't be only visitors, but also people who converted and visited cart. It won't be only people who visited cart, but also who converted. Overlap across these remarketing lists. Should I exclude them with custom combination remarketing list or just bid higher on list with audience closer to purchase?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
You should be using the custom combination to target the right set of audiences.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Thomes,

Agree with Pankaj.

you can create custom combination list as per below example If you want to target those audience separately and bid higher. Please find below example:-

If any one visit your Product Page and add to cart then out out from the Cart Page with purchasing any products from from your products page then you can create custom list specially for Cart Page Absconders.

Please find below screenshot link with multiple option and one sample for creating Custom Audience as per example.

Custom Audienc Creation Types

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByPz51L7FejLcU9xY3FZXzZSd1k/view?usp=sharing

Vist Product Page and not purchase any products

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByPz51L7FejLTXB0Xy1QUDBhS2c/view?usp=sharing

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Anand