AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

RLSA campaign creation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I just want to know is it necessary to add keywords in Remarketing campaign  for search network.

Thanks

Shivangi

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Netsmartz P
September 2015

Re: RLSA campaign creation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Netsmartz,

Yes, you need keywords. The idea here is you have an audience list of previous site visitors and want to target them when they're searching for specific keywords, often keywords you don't normally bid on.

There are a number of different strategies you could employ here but I'll give you one.

Say you sell personalized gifts. You install your remarketing code and build a list of all visitors to your website or maybe even all visitors who have previously purchased from you. You could then create a new campaign to target holiday specific keywords and that RLSA audience list and narrow the scope of users who would see your ads for "valentines day gifts" or "mothers day gifts". These are keywords you may not normally bid on, but there could be value in bidding on such keywords in a RLSA campaign because you know that only your previous site visitors would be seeing these ads. In the same light. You may find that bidding on very broad terms like 'gifts' or 'holiday gifts' may not be profitable or worth bidding on in your regular campaigns. With RLSA, you can narrow the scope of users who see these ads and thus improving the potential for these much broader keywords.

You can read more here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Netsmartz P
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Netsmartz,

Yes, you need keywords. The idea here is you have an audience list of previous site visitors and want to target them when they're searching for specific keywords, often keywords you don't normally bid on.

There are a number of different strategies you could employ here but I'll give you one.

Say you sell personalized gifts. You install your remarketing code and build a list of all visitors to your website or maybe even all visitors who have previously purchased from you. You could then create a new campaign to target holiday specific keywords and that RLSA audience list and narrow the scope of users who would see your ads for "valentines day gifts" or "mothers day gifts". These are keywords you may not normally bid on, but there could be value in bidding on such keywords in a RLSA campaign because you know that only your previous site visitors would be seeing these ads. In the same light. You may find that bidding on very broad terms like 'gifts' or 'holiday gifts' may not be profitable or worth bidding on in your regular campaigns. With RLSA, you can narrow the scope of users who see these ads and thus improving the potential for these much broader keywords.

You can read more here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Just an ideea : Can dynamic search ads work with RLSA targeting ? This way no keywords would be needed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Mr.Bossman,
I got my answer regarding keywords addition.