AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Questions about mobile and device preference options

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning,

The structure of my campaign is:

Campaign1 (Mobile bid adjustment 0%)

Ad group 1: Ad 1.1 (Mobile unabled: "Select "Mobile" to optimise your ad or extension for mobile devices." )

Ad group 2: Ad 2.1 (Mobile unabled: "Select "Mobile" to optimise your ad or extension for mobile devices." )

Ad group 3: Ad 3.1 (Mobile unabled: "Select "Mobile" to optimise your ad or extension for mobile devices." )

Would I need to create a new ad within each ad group with the option Mobile enabled? If so, I would have two ads per ad group and the structure would be:

Campaign1 (Mobile bid adjustment 0%)

Ad group 1:

Ad 1.1 (Mobile unabled: "Select "Mobile" to optimise your ad or extension for mobile devices." )

Ad 1.2 (Mobile enabled)

Ad group 2:

Ad 2.1 (Mobile unabled: "Select "Mobile" to optimise your ad or extension for mobile devices." )

Ad 2.2 (Mobile enabled)

Ad group 3:

Ad 3.1 (Mobile unabled: "Select "Mobile" to optimise your ad or extension for mobile devices." )

Ad 3.2 (Mobile enabled)

Once I get the answer for this, I also wonder if the same applies to sitelinks, call extensions and so on. Do I need two call extensions per campaign, one with Device Preference Mobile enabled and the other one with Device Preference Mobile unabled?

Thanks very much.

Kind regards

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Questions about mobile and device preference options

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Wasn't this question  answered yesterday by @pankaj1782 ?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

I wasn't asking what he answered Smiley Happy

Thanks and regards
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Diego M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;
Honestly; I think @pankaj1782  did answer; but let me phrase it differently;

If you are targeting mobile devices and desktops then you should have  at least two ads per ad-group;

One ad will serve the desktop browsers, and the other ("mobile preferred") will serve  mobile (only). Using this setting you could have a mobile  ad with an  ad-copy written to targetmobile users only.

Does that help?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
I choose mobile devices for my campaign few days ago and now wanted to change to laptop/ computer.
But unable to edit "devices" under "setting" and only can click on "bid adj" next to "mobile devices with full browsers"
So, I deleted all campaign and create a new one. But setting remain the same setting.
Please advice!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

Thanks very much. Your reply answers my question regarding the ad structure.

The only question that I still have is if I need two call extensions per ad group, one for mobile and the other for desktop browsers.

Thanks for popping up. I didn't get what @pankaj1782 was saying.

Kind regards.