AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Question regarding collecting RLSA audience through Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm facing a problem where my Remarketing List for Search, using Google Analytics wasn't collected. I've enabled Remarketing through Google Analytics for a while now & everything is properly enabled. However, my Google Analytics doesn't seem to collect any Remarketing Audience for Search; Remarketing Audience for Display is working fine. Anyone have a solution?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yow H
August 2016

Re: Question regarding collecting RLSA audience through Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply.

I just got an answer from Google Support and here's their reply:

"I have looked into this matter with our technical team, and can confirm that this is an intended system behavior. As the AdWords system is processing millions of remarketing lists on a daily basis, we have made changes to ensure that our real-time audience list processing resources are available for use by the clients who are actively using remarketing and RLSA.

If you haven't created or ran any active remarketing campaign over the last 30 days, the system will temporarily pause the collection of search audiences. To reactivate the real-time processing option (and the collection of search audiences), you can do one of the following.
Creating a new remarketing list in the same GA property
Disable the "Remarketing and Advertising Reporting Features" option in Admin > Property > Tracking > Data Collection, then re-enable the same option again (make sure to save it each time)"

Just tested the solution they provid and its collecting audiences as usual! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This is interesting... Someone needs to look at the code....
I would suggest calling support...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I'm not sure about the actual problem here, but just as some extra information - you cannot use remarketing lists for search ads unless your list has a minimum of 1,000 users - not the 100 that display requires.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yow H
August 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply.

I just got an answer from Google Support and here's their reply:

"I have looked into this matter with our technical team, and can confirm that this is an intended system behavior. As the AdWords system is processing millions of remarketing lists on a daily basis, we have made changes to ensure that our real-time audience list processing resources are available for use by the clients who are actively using remarketing and RLSA.

If you haven't created or ran any active remarketing campaign over the last 30 days, the system will temporarily pause the collection of search audiences. To reactivate the real-time processing option (and the collection of search audiences), you can do one of the following.
Creating a new remarketing list in the same GA property
Disable the "Remarketing and Advertising Reporting Features" option in Admin > Property > Tracking > Data Collection, then re-enable the same option again (make sure to save it each time)"

Just tested the solution they provid and its collecting audiences as usual! Smiley Happy