AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Question regarding blogspot and country specific url redirection on GOOGLE+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a problem here and don't know its source. My blog is blogspot.com, I used to share links from my blog to Google+ page and they used to appear as blogspot.com. However, for the last 2 months (almost), when I share a link from the blog to Google+, the shared links seem as blogspot.be (Belgium). The irony is that I live in the Middle East (KSA), never moved to Belgium, and never did anything where Google's rules for country-specific URL may be applied. Furthermore, I'm not sure I did any modifications anywhere in my blog or on G+ page that may result in such redirection.

I can't find any means to communicate this issue (if it's an issue) to Google.

Now, I have many questions:

1. Who may have done this? is it me? or someone in Google? and Why?
  2. May this have any effect on my blog's traffic ranking?
  3. Subsequently, is it possible that someone does this intentionally for another one's sake, so that they may keep my traffic rank lower? (Is it possible anyway?)

I'm not an expert in dealing with such technical issues. I don't even deal with GA professionally. I'm just a construction professional writing in in my field whatever I think may be useful for readers, then I publish it and promote it.

Please help. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tharwat

This is the AdWords community. 

I'd suggest you ask your question over on the Blogger community here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/blogger

They'll likely be able to help you a lot more.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Dave_Davis

But, I saw similar topics around here as well. Besides, Google+ and maybe Google Analytic are involved as well, not just a blogger issue.

Of course, I may try to follow your advice as well.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Tharwat

This is a blogger (and maybe webmaster central) issue. This is not an AdWords or Analytics issue. 

I'd recommend that you ask your question over on the Blogger community or the Webmaster community here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters