AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Question regarding G+ buttons appearing in Google Search ads

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hi, I've noticed the G+ button appearing on the adwords ads for Google Search.

This isnt optional is it?

Also..where is it pulling the +'s from as I noticed on one ad it said they had been +'d more than a 1000 times.
Where is it pulling that info from? Their Google Plus business page..the page that is the destination url.. or elsewhere?

Thanks
Whims 

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Question regarding G+ buttons appearing in Google Search ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Whims,

The +1's for search appear by default and there is not an opt-out choice.  You can use social extensions to link them with a G+ page otherwise, they associate with the landing page.  My understanding is that the +1's do not apply to the ad so the numbers displayed are either +1's for the landing page or a combination of the landing page +1's and the G+ Business page +1's.

You can opt-out on the GDN though.  Settings > Bottom of page > Social Settings.

Here are a couple of help center pages that can provide more details if you'd like:

Your ads and the +1 button
Show your ads with your Google+ Page endorsements

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Very interesting to read about the integration of +´s for ads and organic search results: 

When your ad is +1'd, Google notes its final landing page URL. When the same URL appears in an organic search listing, the organic listing will include the same annotations as would an ad.

Similarly, if a user +1's one of your organic listings, ads with the same final landing page URL will include the same annotations, increasing the chance of your ads getting noticed.

I am not sure wthat they mean bu "annotation" here though - just a + ??

This is also interesting:

The amount of +1's (whatever their source -- organic search, ads, or +1 buttons on publisher sites) is a signal that affects organic search ranking, but +1's don't change Quality Scores for ads and ad ranking.

Why not let that effect QS, shouldn´t that be the obvious choice? Rather than organic results...

This means having people + your ad can be an important method, an integral part, of doing SEO. Althougg Google puts a warning: Avoid obviously trying to get users to click the +1 button or misleading users to click a fake image of a +1 button.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Whims,

The +1's for search appear by default and there is not an opt-out choice.  You can use social extensions to link them with a G+ page otherwise, they associate with the landing page.  My understanding is that the +1's do not apply to the ad so the numbers displayed are either +1's for the landing page or a combination of the landing page +1's and the G+ Business page +1's.

You can opt-out on the GDN though.  Settings > Bottom of page > Social Settings.

Here are a couple of help center pages that can provide more details if you'd like:

Your ads and the +1 button
Show your ads with your Google+ Page endorsements

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Very interesting to read about the integration of +´s for ads and organic search results: 

When your ad is +1'd, Google notes its final landing page URL. When the same URL appears in an organic search listing, the organic listing will include the same annotations as would an ad.

Similarly, if a user +1's one of your organic listings, ads with the same final landing page URL will include the same annotations, increasing the chance of your ads getting noticed.

I am not sure wthat they mean bu "annotation" here though - just a + ??

This is also interesting:

The amount of +1's (whatever their source -- organic search, ads, or +1 buttons on publisher sites) is a signal that affects organic search ranking, but +1's don't change Quality Scores for ads and ad ranking.

Why not let that effect QS, shouldn´t that be the obvious choice? Rather than organic results...

This means having people + your ad can be an important method, an integral part, of doing SEO. Althougg Google puts a warning: Avoid obviously trying to get users to click the +1 button or misleading users to click a fake image of a +1 button.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I wasnt aware that organic results affect quality score at all.
What happens in instances where advertisers have specific landing pages that arent indexed, as if often the practice?? 

I also dont think +'s should affect quality score either. Nor do I think they should be automatically included on ads. Its too easy to skew them, as it is with FB likes

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Thanks PPCBossman, appreciate you pointing me to those links.

Most useful

Cheers

Whims!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Whims,

Tom and David already gave you good answer, one more thing i want tell as you said, I've noticed the G+ button appearing on the adwords ads for Google Search,  you see +1 sign for search ads only when you search in Google with logged in Google account.

Dinesh
My Blog