AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Question re Ad on Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I do a search on Google Maps for a particular business - let's call it "Business A", it offers me a pin for the business.  When I click on the pin, it give me the info for Business A in a separate pop-up window.  Below the info for the business -- in the same pop-up window -- there is an "Ad" for another similar business - let's call it "Business B"

Is there any question that Business B is paying for its ad to appear when certain search terms are used in Google Maps?  Someone has suggested that this is a "software word association issue"  and not and ad paid for by Business B.

I am new to all of this, so I am trying to see if someone can explain to me what's going on.  Definitely a ad paid for by Business B or not?

Thanks!.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Question re Ad on Google Maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello sisyphus1969;

These ads are paid ads, of business B - that is a competitor of business A - shown on business A Google places page.

A frequent poster on our community, David_Precisera, found this video that explains the technique:

A neat little PPC trick to use Google Adword’s Sponsored ADs to target your competitors Places Pages...

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’