AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Question about setting up automatic placements

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm quite new to GDN marketing, in the past I've almost exclusively worked with search advertising.

I've set up a campaign with with a very strict critera for managed placement, only had a few impressions per day so I would like to expand and let Adwords use automatic placements and see what it throws up. I'm not sure if I've set this up correctly. 

I've entered a list of keywords which are pretty broad spanning and expansive, yet related to my market.

Ive only set the keywords and defined a few websites in the placements, in the placements section I have selected the button for "display on all eligible placements" rather than the option above which requires Adwords to stick the the defined list of placements. Yet no impressions.

Bid is fair, default max CPC is 50 cents, this is in the hotel industry, so the CPC is fair. I cannot see the option for CPM - Adwords has changed quite a lot over the years.

Any ideas why the ads aren't showing (ad itself is eligible)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Question about setting up automatic placements

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

This setting should work; unless you set something wrong or the bid is still too low

How long has it been since the campaign started? Since you bid on "all eligible places" remove the places from the list. Keep only keywords

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe

I would like to keep the current list of placements because they're very revelant to my clients website, perhaps I'd increase the bid on these placements specifically to attract higher clicks.

FYI, the big was set to 25 cents cpc in the past. Raised it to 50 just as I wrote the post. If the ads do not appear I'll increase it to 75 cents and see what throws up. Really not interested in more than 50 cents though. The search bid for around #4 position is around $3. But that's highly relevant search clicks. GDN probably will have a poorer conversion so I dont want to bid too high.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

the campaign has been running for 2 weeks with no luck. Do GDN ads take a while to start displaying or something?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again;

I have the "feeling" that something in your settings has not been properly set

Are you sure you picked "broad reach"?

There is a Venn diagram (circles) that illustrates the targeted audiences / users? How many targeted methods are shown?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe

All is well, While writing the original post, as I was describing the current setup I spotted a few issues, such as the low bid and the placement settings. I'm not getting ad views. Only 127 so far, but one click. So I'm on the right track. Hoopefully GDN works well for this market. Didnt have much luck in this area before so fingers crossed I guess.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

OK;

Keep us posted as you collect data. Interesting case