AdWords
7K members online now
7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Question about priority

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

i've a question about how to manage keywords priority. Here's my problem:

I've seen that on average, in my adwords campaigns, the keywords with exact match, have better conversions then the broad ones (i think that it is pretty obvious but i just stept into this).

The first thing i thought was, ok, now i stop the broad keywords so all my budget will go on exact match.

The problem is that the exact match keywords can't use all my daily budget, and, keeping in mind that the broad keywords generate a still profitable traffic, cut the broad match off (entirely) is not a smart move.

So i thought that it would be great if i could give priority to the exact match keywords.

What i would like to accomplish is:

• exact match always visible
  • broad match visible as long as there's daily budget

I see some logical holes in this but maybe someone smarter and more expert then me found a reasonable solution!

Thank you very much in advance and sorry for my "not-perfect" english.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ale84
September 2015

Re: Question about priority

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Ale84,

One option would be to setup a campaign with only exact match keywords, that way you can allocate the max budget. You can setup another campaign with broad match keywords and can add the exact matches as negatives as to not double bid in two different campaigns. You can then set the broad match campaign at a budget that is comfortable.

Also, there are additional match types such as phrase and modified broad match that will provide greater volume than the exact but will be more targeted when compared to the broad.

Just a couple options, hope it helps.

Thanks,

BI

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey Ale84,

I agree with BI.. you should create 2 separate campaigns.. one for exact match and the other for the broad matched keywords.
You are correct in saying that it is obvious that Exact matched keywords will give your more conversions.. but broad matched keywords will also help you find other such keywords that you can target which may turn out to be cheaper and more profitable.

You need to run the Search terms report on the broad keywords so that you can find more long tail keywords. These keywords tend to have a lower CPC since they will be more specific... You can add these to your targeted set of keywords in broad, BMM or phrase match types... BMM and phrase will probably get you more targeted traffic..

the search terms report also helps you negate irrelevant search queries that are seeing your ad. When you go through the list, you will see a lot of keywords that are not related to your business and you may not want to show your ads for themAdd these terms as negative keywords in your campaigns..

Also, if your exact keywords are so profitable for you and you are sure of showing them through the day.. I suggest you allocate a good budget for it.. and also change the setting to accelerated.. this will ensure that till your budget is not exhausted, your ads 'will' show up. Please do this only if you are sure of your keywords. 

Also another thing you could check is the time of day report and schedule your exact keywords to be at higher bids during the most profitable times.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great,

thank to you both for the great suggestions.

I will try to apply your suggestions to my account, but first i would like to share with you the current structure of my account to see if, in your opionin, it can accomodate your suggestions or if it's better fo me to re-organize it.

Here's the structure i'm trying to build up at the moment:

- MCC

- Service 1 (One Adwords account for each service)

- Region1 (One Campaign for each region so i can set a budget for each region)

- City1 (One Group for each City, so i can highly optmize every Ad)

- City2 (One Group for each City, so i can highly optmize every Ad)

- CityN ...............................

- Region2 (One Campaign for each region so i can set a budget for each region)

- Exact Match Campagin

- Service 2 (One Adwords account for each service)

- Region1 (One Campaign for each region so i can set a budget for each region)

- Region2 (One Campaign for each region so i can set a budget for each region)

- Exact Match Campagin

etc, etc....

At the moment i just have one service with multiple regions and right now i still don't have an MCC, but this is the structure i would like to get in the end.

Do you think that this structure is good?

If i'm not wrong, i can manage max 25 campaigns per account, i actually need only 21 to manage my regions so i could use the other 4 to manage the High Performance Keywords we were talking about... Do you think that your suggestions could fit in my structure?

Thank you very much in advance for any advice and for your time.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Ale84,

Are you trying to create multiple accounts for the same domain name but different services.
This is not allowed by Google. Please read this policy:
http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=152213
http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2600168

I suggest you make these different campaigns..
The number of campaigns you can have in your account has been increased.
These are the limits for an AdWords account:
10,000 campaigns (includes active and paused campaigns)
20,000 ad groups per campaign
10,000 keywords per ad group
Please read this link for more details: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704396

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi ShroffS,

thank you very much for your information, you helped me to avoid a bad mistake!
I'll modify my structure making one campaign for each service->region all within the same account, this way it will fit the policies you linked me!

Cheers,

Ale

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Ale84,
Glad I could help!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor