AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Question about Mobile and Device preference options

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning,

The structure of my campaign is:

Campaign1 (Mobile bid adjustment 0%)

Ad group 1: Ad 1.1 (Mobile unticked: "Select "Mobile" to optimise your ad or extension for mobile devices." )

Ad group 2: Ad 2.1 (Mobile unticked: "Select "Mobile" to optimise your ad or extension for mobile devices." )

Ad group 3: Ad 3.1 (Mobile unticked: "Select "Mobile" to optimise your ad or extension for mobile devices." )

Would I need to creat a new ad within each ad group with the option Mobile ticked? If it were like that, the structure would be:

Ad group 1:

Ad 1.1 (Mobile unticked: "Select "Mobile" to optimise your ad or extension for mobile devices." )

Ad 1.2 (Mobile ticked)

Ad group 2:

Ad 2.1 (Mobile unticked: "Select "Mobile" to optimise your ad or extension for mobile devices." )

Ad 2.2 (Mobile ticked)

Ad group 3:

Ad 3.1 (Mobile unticked: "Select "Mobile" to optimise your ad or extension for mobile devices." )

Ad 3.2 (Mobile ticked)

Once I get the answer for this, I also wonder if the same applies to sitelinks, call extensions and so on. Do I need two call extensions per campaign, one with Device Preference Mobile ticked and the other one without Device Preference Mobile ticked?

Thanks very much.

Kind regards

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Diego M
September 2015

Re: Question about Mobile and Device preference options

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

I know what enhanced campaigns do. I have the bid adjustment at 0% to give the same priority to both mobile and desktop. That's not my question Smiley Happy

I have one ad per ad group. Each of the these ads have the device mobile option disabled. Do I need to add one more ad per ad group with the mobile option enabled?

Regarding the Ad extensions, my question is basically the same, I have a call extension per ad group with the option Mobile Device Preference unabled. Do I need to create another call extension and add it to the add group with the option Mobile Device Preference enabled?

I hope this clarifies my two questions.

Thanks and regards

Diego

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Diego,

I am afraid, but I didn't quite get what you really want to accomplish. Can you please elaborate on what you really want to do? Are you looking to create separate campaign for mobile devices?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your quick answer.

No, I am not looking to create separate campaigns. I now have one ad per ad group. This ad is NOT selected to optimise your ad or extension for mobile devices.

Ad group 1: Ad 1.1 (Mobile unticked: "Select "Mobile" to optimise your ad or extension for mobile devices." )

Ad group 2: Ad 2.1 (Mobile unticked: "Select "Mobile" to optimise your ad or extension for mobile devices." )

Ad group 3: Ad 3.1 (Mobile unticked: "Select "Mobile" to optimise your ad or extension for mobile devices." )

1. I see that this ad still show on mobile according to my GA. Does it mean it prioritizes desktop over mobile?

2. Do I need to create a new ad within each ad group with the option Mobile ticked?

These are my first two questions.

The second question refers to the usage of sitelinks and call extensions and the option Device Preference. In my scenario, do I need two call extensions per ad group, one with Device Preference mobile ticked and the other one without Device Preference mobile ticked?

Ad group 1:
First Call extension: Device preference Mobile
Second Call extension: Device preference Non mobile

I hope this clarifies my question. If not, let me know and I will elaborate further.

Thanks and regards

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Diego,

The reason why you are getting visits or hits from mobile devices is probably because after Google shifted from Legacy to Enhanced campaigns, there is no specific option to disable mobile traffic. The advertiser has to go to the Devices Settings and select bid adjustment for mobiles as -100%. This would ensure that traffic not going to the mobile devices and only sticking to desktops and tablets. So, if you don't want traffic from mobiles, simply do the bid adjustment by choosing -100%.

And coming to the Ad Extensions, if you prefer any ad extension to show on mobile devices, you should create ad extensions and tick mark that option of mobile preference. Doing this would ensure Adwords to give preference of showing that ad extension on mobile devices. 

I hope this helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Diego M
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

I know what enhanced campaigns do. I have the bid adjustment at 0% to give the same priority to both mobile and desktop. That's not my question Smiley Happy

I have one ad per ad group. Each of the these ads have the device mobile option disabled. Do I need to add one more ad per ad group with the mobile option enabled?

Regarding the Ad extensions, my question is basically the same, I have a call extension per ad group with the option Mobile Device Preference unabled. Do I need to create another call extension and add it to the add group with the option Mobile Device Preference enabled?

I hope this clarifies my two questions.

Thanks and regards

Diego

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Am I getting this right, that there is actually still no answer and therefore no solution to this question?
I'm having basically the same question right now.
I've got plenty of ads having "mobile" ticked, but don't know what will happen if I untick all of them.
What will happen? Will my PC and Tablet traffic increase, or will my mobile traffic decrease?
What is this box for?