AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Question Regarding Approved (Limited) Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Google Adwords Community!

I have a little question. Basically, I have some ads that are Approved (Limited) for some brands. The help center tells me:

"Approved (limited): The ad has not obtained explicit authorisation from the trademark owner via the trademark request process to use a trademark. However, the ad's landing page is in compliance with our trademark policy for resellers and informational sites. The ad's eligibility to show will be limited to the regions where the policy exists, even if the ad also targets other countries."

My ads are eligible to show in the UK, which is cool because that is the area that I am targeting. My question is; will my quality score for the keywords be affected because "the ad has not obtained explicit authorisation from the trademark owner"?

Cheers,

Luke

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tiffany (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Question Regarding Approved (Limited) Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Luke,

Have you tried to obtain authorization?  It would seem to me that if you are able to do so, you could avoid this question/possibility completely. 

My understanding is the (limited) part is related to where the ad can show, nothing more. If everything else is in line with your normal practices (campaign structure, landing page quality etc...), I think you'll be able to tell fairly quickly if there is any actual impact on your Keyword QS, although I would struggle to understand why there would be. 

If this is a new campaign/account, the QS you're seeing now are historical anyways, you'll need to get the campaign up and running to see what your actual QS are going to look like.

Have you tasted the Quality Score Sauce yet?

Cheers!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Luke_Raper
September 2015

Re: Ad status

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Luke;

As tom said, your ad status (i.e. the ad is restricted to whom it can be shown, or the region it can appear ) is mostly a legal issue (thus covered by the legal section of the Policy), and has nothing to do with the QS.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tiffany (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Question Regarding Approved (Limited) Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Luke,

Have you tried to obtain authorization?  It would seem to me that if you are able to do so, you could avoid this question/possibility completely. 

My understanding is the (limited) part is related to where the ad can show, nothing more. If everything else is in line with your normal practices (campaign structure, landing page quality etc...), I think you'll be able to tell fairly quickly if there is any actual impact on your Keyword QS, although I would struggle to understand why there would be. 

If this is a new campaign/account, the QS you're seeing now are historical anyways, you'll need to get the campaign up and running to see what your actual QS are going to look like.

Have you tasted the Quality Score Sauce yet?

Cheers!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Luke_Raper
September 2015

Re: Ad status

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Luke;

As tom said, your ad status (i.e. the ad is restricted to whom it can be shown, or the region it can appear ) is mostly a legal issue (thus covered by the legal section of the Policy), and has nothing to do with the QS.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’