AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Query regarding adwords remarketing list size

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have created few adwords remarketing lists (assuming these use adwords remarketing tag). After few days, I have removed the adwords remarketing tag across all site. However, I can see that these lists are still accumulating people everyday (which shouldn't happen as we removed the tag). Can someone tell me how this might be happening?

Regards,

Venkat

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Query regarding adwords remarketing list size

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Venkat,

The only possibility I could think of could be the time lag it takes while the AdWords system refreshes and update it in the interface. That's because if you have eliminated the code itself, the list should stop increasing as soon as possible. That's my understanding here.

The other parts like membership duration, minimum cookies etc...will be secondary thing to check.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3176171

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Google once replied here that Remarketing list is updated in real time;

Thus, my assumption is that one code was  not fully removed .

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Venkat T,

I would like to add a different diagnosis perspective,which I hope is useful .

You wrote "assuming these use adwords remarketing tag" so you are not sure about the source of the audience.

In fact you maybe be looking at an audience created with Google analytics instead of the AdWords tag, since the list keeps growing.

To check if Analytics is generating the audience look in the Audience tab, on the second column called "Type" , do you see for that audience the label "Tag-based Google Analytics" or is it "Rule Based" ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Adrian,

I am sure that the list is created through adwords remarketing tag. I just can't get the reason of list size updating, even after the removal of code. Having said that, I didn't create the list in analytics (not tag-based).

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
One thing you could do is look Under Shared Library > Audiences > Tag details > Your AdWords Tag is active
and see the URLs listed there. Visit those pages and check with the Google Tag Assistant chrom extension that there is no remarketing tag there.