AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Quality Score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set my keywords but they all have low quality score, so nothing shows up.

My website is www.sep-barge.com and some of keywords i want are 'jack-up barge', 'self elevating platform', and 'sep barges'

I believe they are very relevant to the site and expect to have a high quality score.

I also have a low Ad rank so all of my keywords are not shown.

What can I do

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Quality Score

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello ksk5429, 

Welcome to adwords community, 

For more information regarding quality score, please go with this link 
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Re-Quality-Socre/td-p/65536

Thank you 

Suman 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Ksk5429,

Welcome to the community...!

The keyword you have mentioned id relevant but Quality Score is based on lot of elements, not just relevant keywords.

Please find more information here.

I am not sure for how long you are running your adwords account.

Your ad performance (CTR) is very crucial in maintaining a good quality score.

And another major factor is your Landing page quality. (Find more information here)

Relevant and original content is very important in determining landing page quality score. I can find very limited content on your site (images are used instead of content). This can be a major reason behind your low quality score.

Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi ksk5429,

Just wanted give few links, read through the links to get knowledgeable information on how to improve QS and more about the QS as metrics.

There are some useful "User articles' published here on how to improve QS. I am sure following suggestion made in the articles should help you in improving the QS.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Meraj 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi ksk5429,

I Googled "jack-up barge". Your site came up first in organic SERP, but no ads display on the page. This probably indicates there is really not much wrong with your keywords or your ad copy. The page could use a little work to add a bit more text. You can do that without altering the layout of the page by taking advantage of the alt attribute for images and the title attribute for links.

I noticed in the meta page description there are characters my browser can not read. I'm guessing these may be Korean? Any way, that may be making it difficult for Google to analyse your page description.Try to make your page description read more like regular text instead of a list of keywords.

You have meta keywords, which is fine for other search engines but Google ignores them.

But here's the thing. "Relevancy" to Google means one thing and one thing only--CTR. It is most likely other advertisers have tried these keywords with little or no response, in which case you will need to bid uncomfortably high for them to get impressions. AdWords is great for niche market advertising, but your market may be a bit too small for AdWords to be successful for you.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Somtimes I find that you need to raise the bids significantly to kick start the traffic.

In most cases the actual price you pay ends up being much lower, but it's almost like shouting to get Google's attention... certainly worth a try... of course, it does depend , as mentioned above, on just how many searches there are being made for terms such as "jack-up barge" ... I suspect not that many!