AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Quality Score, Auto bidding issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone know when does a quality score in AdWords re-calcualted?
daily basis or monthly basis.
If I create a new campaign definitely re-calcualted. But what if I copy a new campaign ? Would the old QS stay?

Also, does anyone know when does a bid update once for auto bidding?
Is it on a daily basis or monthly basis?
And, if I set an auto bidding strategy, if I modify a keyword's bid, how long would it stay before the next auto update? And does it work?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Ad quality (the real time QS) used in the real time auction is calculated in every auction you are eligible to participate 

The general" QS shown on the UI is updeted daily.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hello,

QS and auto bidding are both getting calculated in real-time for every ad auction.

You cannot change keywords bids with autobidding strategy, you can only choose general max. CPC you are willing to pay for click for whole campaign. And it is not recommened to change this bid very often, because this whole autobidding system needs to learn a new strategy for your current bid, which always takes time.

Tomáš

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi @Tomáš Kraus,

I disagree, keywords bids can be changed with some automatic bidding.

Check Target search page location bidding.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

You are right @Archit. Thanks for correcting me.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

You are welcome..

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"If I create a new campaign definitely re-calcualted. But what if I copy a new campaign ? Would the old QS stay?"

Could anyone answer this question directly please 

Also, these 3 questions are not addressed

Also, does anyone know when does a bid update once for auto bidding?
Is it on a daily basis or monthly basis?
And, if I set an auto bidding strategy, if I modify a keyword's bid, how long would it stay before the next auto update? And does it work?

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Hi @Sein Him L,

The copied campaign will be treated as new campaign with no historical data.

The bids update frequency is different for different automatic bidding.

Target Search page location bidding updates the bids many times a day and in Target outrank share bidding, the bids get updated on daily basis.

So, all the automatic bidding get updated at least once a day.

Regards

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

QS is reset when moving keywords between campaigns or ad-groups (To my recollection) this is a change that was not in the past.

>>"our keyword's Quality Score may change after you copy it to another ad group. For example, your keyword's Quality Score may increase if you copy it to an ad group with more relevant ads. Also, your keywords statistics will be reset to zero.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453980?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’