AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

QS of 3/10... any chance of improvement?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I started a new campaign and most of the newly added keywords have the QS of 3/10, which I understand is the "default" QS. I thought that the keywords were pretty relevant (as I plucked the same words out from the webpage that the ads direct to) but I guess not. Any tips on improving this? Or do I just wait and hope that my QS goes up with more clicks?

Kevin

Re: QS of 3/10... any chance of improvement?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

This link might help you https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en.

Regards

Saurav

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kevin P,

Welcome to the community.

I will encourage you to read the following article written by one of our Google Employee.You may get some help..

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Ingredients-of-the-Quality-Score-sauce/m-p...

Thanks,

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

..............Any tips on improving this?

Answer : invest at least 4 hours in the configuration of your ads.

Google evaluates "user experience" . If your QS is 3/10 this is a warning that your competitors are doing better a thing at attracting more Click Through (CTR). There are many things to do, but with a limited time and knowledge, let's take a look at the basic settings :

The first things to do are : reduce your geo targeting to a small area from which you expect your buyers to come. The smaller the area the less "keyword competition" you will have, and if it compares you with less competitors, maybe their CTR will be less, and the QS will rise by a point or two.

The second thing is to increase relevance by adding extensions : provide in your Enhanced Ads a phone extension, a location extension entered manually ( not necesarily a google business place) and some relevant sitelinks.

3-rd thing : use less broad keywords, use exact or phrase matches

4-th third thing is to learn using better text : Call to action text ( call now, buy now) , USP ( unique selling prepositions like Premium, Special, No1), Capitalise the first letter of most words, use keyword insertion 

Headline: Buy {keyword:Chocolate}
Display URL: www.example.com
Description line 1: Artisan candy from San Francisco
Description line 2: Free shipping orders $50 more

Learn here more about keyword insertion :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041

Does my advice help ? Give us some feedback after aplying these and testing for a week.