AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

QS and ad position

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hi to all.

My question is that,

My QS is 10/10 and I set a bid 5 times more then as recomended in  "fist page estimated bid" but ad is some where on 3rd or 4th page. I tried manual as well as automatice biding. My daily budgut is very high. I have tried to create goosd relvence between ad-keyword-landing page and think thats why QS is 10/10 but still struggling with ad position. Any help much appriciated..

Thanks 

SAEED

Re: QS and ad position

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Safeed

When you set up a new keyword it always shows with a QS of 10/10. But in fact the correct QS will be calculated when the next search triggers it and is quite so often below 10/10. Might that be the reason for the low rank?

Regards

Aleks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Welcome to the forum

The moment you load a keyword into AdWords, it receives a Quality Score. This initial Quality Score is determined by each keyword’s performance history for other advertisers. Google AdWords has monitored this keyword’s historical performance for multiple advertisers who have targeted this keyword, Google determines an aggregate score and this is your “base score.” This is your keyword’s starting point in regards to Quality Score.

First Page Estimation Bid shows the minimum bid that you need to keep in order to show your ads on the SERP.See Top Page Estimation Bids for top position.Again its just an Estimation.So don't rely on this.Try to adjust bid manually.You can also set Automated Rules in order to show your ads on top position.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

N/A
# 4
N/A

Thank you for your input. Just wanted to add that these keywords are not new they are there over a year now and they always show 10/10. I have changed bid to manual and to auto with one bid for all keyword and I also tried different bid for different keyword just to get improved rank but it seems that I am still missing something probably that's is the reason I am still behind in ranking.

N/A
# 5
N/A

Thank you for this. if estimated top page bid is £1.00 I always set my bid £5.00. I know these are just estimated figures but still these are guidelines. If they have no role then these estimated figures shouldn't be there. It seems that these estimated figures are misleading.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi and Welcome to the Community.

What's your CTR like?

RC

N/A
# 7
N/A

Thank you. CTR is 1.

and the reason for this low CTR is that ad does not rank high enough to create any click but to generate impressions as a result CTR goes down

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

That's the reason - low CTR and it does not matter how much you are bidding. If your competitors have greater CTR, they would always be above you. I am not as good as Shuva or others, but I suggest you set Auto Bidding for a couple of weeks. And I watched this very interesting video.

Good luck and keep your feedback coming. Smiley Happy

N/A
# 9
N/A

Thank you for your suggestions.

But the question is how do you increase your CTR? You have good QS 10/10. You have good relation between ad-keyword-landing page. You have set good enough bid. You have tried manual bidding for three months and you also have tried auto bidding for more then three months. But you still don't get clicks but impressions therefore CTR is not building up. So what do you do in this situation?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Your  Ad position is determind by a formula called AD RANK,Which is calculated by multipling your Quality Score and MAX CPC.

AD Rank = Quality Score x Max CPC

The advertiser who has the highest ad rank will be Placed at Top position and so on.Lets make it clear with an Example :

Advertiser        Quality Score        Max CPC        AD RAnk       Ad Position

MAC                    10                      $1.00            10x1=10              3

Terry                    8                       $2.00             8x2=16               1

MIK                    5                        $2.5            2.5x5=12.5            2

Although MAC has highest Quality Score but due to his poor bidding his ads has placed at number 3 position.So its very important to bid competitvely in order to show your ads at top position.

Yes CTR is a vital factor to improve your Quality Score.But according to your case, now you have to focus on Bidding.(as you said your keyword's have good quality score.)

If are new to Adwords then i would like to suggest you to go with Automatic Bidding for few days.Once you understand the whole bidding process(How it works) then you can shift to Mannual bidding.

Thanks,