AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Purchase Conversion Pixel + Add To Cart - How to view results inside adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created 2 conversion pixel.

Pixel 1 was add to cart; placed on the add to cart page on our site.

Pixel 2 was placed on the thank you page after conversion.

Inside adwords; I see conversions showing up all grouped as one as "CONVERSIONS"  how can I set it up to show me my purchase conversions; and also add to cart?

Thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Purchase Conversion Pixel + Add To Cart - How to view results inside adwords?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Attila.

First, I am wondering as to your conversions setup. I'm not sure as to the count of "add to cart" a a conversion. I have it as a remarketing list only, but maybe you have your reasons.
Also think of duplication: if I am to purchase a product in your store, I will get to Add to Cart page (1st conversion counted), and then purchase and get to the Thank You page (2nd conversion counted). So you get duplicate conversion for 1 purchase.
You may have thought of that, and that is why you wish to separate the columns.

So here is how you can do that:

You can click the Columns -> Modify columns, and choose Custom columns:

1.jpg

Then you would configure a custom column to include the conversions in Select a metric:
conversion.jpg

After you click Save you will be able to choose the exact conversion name:

conversion-name.jpg

So you can create 2 custom columns, 1 for "purchase" conversion and another for "cart" conversion (you define the names):

add-conversion-columns.jpg

Then you'll have the columns in your Adwords table, and can see the difference between the conversions.

See if that works for you.
Good luck!

Re: Purchase Conversion Pixel + Add To Cart - How to view results inside adwords?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Attila.

Here's the other way, which adds rows rather than columns, and is quicker if you are only doing it once:

The Segment drop-down box is just below the tabs.

In a Campaigns, Ad Groups, Ads or Keywords view, select Segment > Conversions > Conversion Name (or category).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't see conversion name in this list -> http://prntscr.com/aor8av

Can you please advise what to select.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Attila O
April 2016

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Attila.

First choose "conversions" and click Save.
Then you will have a new drop down where to choose the conversion name from.