AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Promotion landing page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

As example promotion on eshop starts december 1.

It will have new landing page - which we do not want to show now

If I create ad today (adwords editor) with this landing page (even I pause ad) - adwords show error, what landing page not found.

What is solution to create ad in advance?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simas J
September 2015

Re: Promotion landing page

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
If your page is under construction, replace your destination URL with a different page of your site that is working. Then Replace the destination url when its ready....

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Simas,

Using the live destination url not help you, as again you have to replace the Destination URL, once the orginal landing page and all the ads will come in under eligible or under review states.

It is better you can live you landing page and keep the campaigns pause paused status till 30th Nov.

Or follow @Pete advice. 

Also I would like to suggest to set campaigns start date, it will automatically starts showing your ads from 1st Dec.

Start date.png

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Simas,

Welcome to the adwords communitySmiley Happy

Can you please elaborate your question more so that we are able to help you.

Or the landing page you are using are live or you will live it by 1st Dec..it means are you using the pre decided landing page url in your ads?
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Landing page will be live 1st Dec.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Simas J,

You can exclude the page for all bots with robots.txt, but you must allow AdsBot to crawl the page.

In your robots.txt file, add this:

User-agent: *
disallow: LandingPage.html

User-agent: AdsBot-Google
allow: LandingPage.html

Replace LandingPage.html with the full path to your landing page.

This isn't really necessary if your page is not linked from any other page. The bots won't find it and it won't show up in search results until one does. Just create the landing page now. AdsBot will be able to find and Google can start the approval process so your ad will be ready to serve Dec 1.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
If your page is under construction, replace your destination URL with a different page of your site that is working. Then Replace the destination url when its ready....

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Simas,

Using the live destination url not help you, as again you have to replace the Destination URL, once the orginal landing page and all the ads will come in under eligible or under review states.

It is better you can live you landing page and keep the campaigns pause paused status till 30th Nov.

Or follow @Pete advice. 

Also I would like to suggest to set campaigns start date, it will automatically starts showing your ads from 1st Dec.

Start date.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
2 problems;

I can't keep alive landing page.
And using ad groups for small promotions.