AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Product listings - set price range for autotargets?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I can see that there are custom criteria set for id, product type, brand etc, condition.

I would like to add price to the mix - I'm not sure how I can achieve this? I'm guessing there must be something behind the "adwords grouping" asttribute that I can play with?

The reason is. My client has a large ecommerce site. Our conversion rate is around the 2% mark. For the cheaper items less than say $70. Product listings isn't viable as it just costs too much.

I would love to put up a critera in the product listing auto target to also only show items that retail for more than $70. Is this possible to do? Or would I need to do this at the product feed end?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Product listings - set price range for autotargets?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi morecaffeine,

Filtering on price is not an option. I can suggest 2 solutions:

1. Create and adwords_group or adwords_label for all products over $70 to use as a filter. For products over $70, you could apply a label or group of "expensive", and "not expensive" for those under. Then apply a filter like "adwords_label = expensive".

2. Do not include products under $70 in your feed. All product listings are paid now, there may be no point to including products you do not wish to advertise in your feed. Then again, it could be useful, I'm really not sure about that.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for the response pete. 

I figured that might be an issue, surprised custom fields (and additional fields) aren't selectable options.

I will speak to client - work out which is easier to do (set expensive as a adwords label or to hide low end products from the feed.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

hi pete

edit: nvm - just worked it on in AE

The field is called adwords_labels (plural) not singular.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

2. Do not include products under $70 in your feed. All product listings are paid now, there may be no point to including products you do not wish to advertise in your feed. Then again, it could be useful, I'm really not sure about that.

Is it possible to include the low cost products but underbid on them - say 10 cents a click. Would it include the products in google shopping? but exclude them from product listings as the bid is too low?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi morecaffeine,

Sorry about the adwords_labels. I set up my feeds quite a while back.

After setting up the adwords_labels, you can filter based on those values in separate ad groups within the products campaign and bid differently on products in those groups. I think that's their main purpose. Google shopping will soon be all paid listings, if it is not already. Certainly, for lower ticket items you might want to bid lower than for high ticket items. I would also think your competition is bidding lower on the same lower ticket items. Sounds like a good strategy to me.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords