AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Product Listing Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am trying to get my head around Product Listing ads.

I have an Adwords campaign linked to a merchant account feed so PLAs - Product Listing Ads are selected. and the feed shows as "all products"

Q: Does this mean all products in the feed or all products somehow associated with the landing page? or keywords within that Adgroup?

I have several Ad Groups within that campaign and only one produces any traffic through PLAs

Q: Are PLAs operate at Campaign level or Adgroup level?

PLAs seem to cost more than text ads so i have had to double the default cpc to maintain sales - this means that the text ads are then costing more.

Q: Does this mean I should have seperate adgroups for PLAs and Text ads?

Thanks

I am now goiing to rest my tired little brain.Robot Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Product Listing Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello dogman,

To answer your questions in a simple way, best would be to create a separate PLA campaign. You will have more control and more flexibility going that way.

Remember that PLAs don't work like normal text ads using your keywords, but using the product feeds which you have in your Merchant Center account. You can use negative keywords if you want in order to try and not show your ads on specific searches.

You can have products target at the ad group level using product targets so that specific products are shown from your product feed.

In addition, you can introduce the filters well to restrict the products showing on Google search.

I would encourage you to read this excellent article for setting up PLA campaign, how product target works and how you can assign filters.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello dogman,

To answer your questions in a simple way, best would be to create a separate PLA campaign. You will have more control and more flexibility going that way.

Remember that PLAs don't work like normal text ads using your keywords, but using the product feeds which you have in your Merchant Center account. You can use negative keywords if you want in order to try and not show your ads on specific searches.

You can have products target at the ad group level using product targets so that specific products are shown from your product feed.

In addition, you can introduce the filters well to restrict the products showing on Google search.

I would encourage you to read this excellent article for setting up PLA campaign, how product target works and how you can assign filters.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Dogman,

Thanks for your post. Pankaj provided good answers above. I just wanted to address your question: 

Q: Does this mean all products in the feed or all products somehow associated with the landing page? or keywords within that Adgroup?

It means that all products in your data feed will be eligible to show. If you select certain products as a target, only products in your data feed that match that target will be eligible to show. 

I hope this helps!

Rachel