AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Product Listing Ads stopped running

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our feeds are scheduled to be fetched at midnight. Our PLA stopped running at this time but all the products successfully uploaded and we can search them and see them under the Google Shopping tab.

The only other time something like this happened there was an error in our script and the products didn't upload, so we're not sure why this is happening.

Any suggestions on what the cause of the problem could be?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Product Listing Ads stopped running

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just wanted to update that I've solved the issue.

It turns out that, even though you can choose it and apply it to your product listing campaigns, CPA bids are incompatible with PLA's!! We didn't know that, we started running them yesterday and by late in the day, the stopped showing our ads.

This shouldn't be something that we have to call Adwords about! If CPA bidding is incompatible with PLA's we shouldn't be allowed to apply them to our campaigns.

Yeesh!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Rockworldeast M,

Thanks for posting back your solution!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yep, that happened to my client also - we like CPA bidding a lot for some Search campaigns, and were happy to see the option had been enabled for our PLA one.

Then when we turned it on, the campaign shut down. I'm a bit surprised that G allows the flag to apply to PLA campaigns, it's highly misleading and can cause them lost click revenue.

CPA bidding is as yet only open to selected USA based PLA advertisers, but I really look forward to seeing it on general release.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Been burnt myself as well. CPA bidding would have been great, actually. However, I'm looking at the dimensions tab pretty often and have noticed in a few hours that my impressions went to zero right after trying to enable CPA.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.