AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Product Listing Ads not showing anymore - No change, just a stop in impressions/clicks

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So for the last few days, my product listing ads have not been showing up as they had for months before. Merchant Center Feed is fine, nothing changed in the PLA campaign, bids stayed the same, not messages or errors, budget or otherwise. I've also noticed that products I used to search for are showing fraction what they did prior to the weekend of 11/23-11/25. It seems that only large retailers are showing up and this includes items I have in my feed as well as items I do not. Is there a known issue going on here with small bid amounts no longer being shown on Google Products? I have emailed twice and no response. I've adjusted my budget by 100 times and I finally show up in the product search... Up until this weekend I was getting THOUSANDS of impressins and clicks with my small minimum bid amount that I could afford. Now with the increased bids I am forcred to list, I blow through my budget in a matter of minutes. With cyber Monday approaching I'm freaking out.Has Google finally ousted the little retailers from their paid inclusion? A bid of .01 would get you listed before and now you have to list at over .50 to even be included. This is not right...

Re: Product Listing Ads not showing anymore - No change, just a stop in impressions/clicks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
As far as i get you, you've reached the issue of Google no more free listings!

Meaning, the Google Shopping comparison engine is now only displaying paid for products, therefore the big retailers are practically showing up before your products since their bids are assumingly higher.

Google said that this will help them stay relevant, so try optimizing your feeds increase the budget very slightly just for the holidays, and keep on trying till it goes rocking!

Best of luck!

Re: Product Listing Ads not showing anymore - No change, just a stop in impressions/clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Right, you aren't even listed if you bid is at .01 which is their minimum bid. Small retailers simply cannot afford this. A very large portion of our sales are from Google Shopping and if the procucts don't show, we lose the sales...Not listing even if you have a bid of .01 is an unethical business practice.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

The Est. first page bid the estimated cost-per-click (CPC) bid need to be defined for PLA ads as well to appear on the first page of Google which can over this issue as this is all about we (advertisers) are the most concern and looking to have such stats, as soon as possible.

If Google really suggests the relevancy and quality of products is important for the searchers then have to give the full and rightful chances to the advertisers to be appear and make the requires ad listing adjustment and then compete!

I hope Google will come up with a solution where an advertisers and searcher will be happy!

Thanks

Raheel