AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Product Ads campaign - Can I include selected products only from feed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 5 feeds that have been running for almost 2 years. There are over 6,000 products total. Can I select certain products from each feed and offer them up as Product Ads, or do I have to have all products running? I guess I could give a 0 bid for all products within the 5 feeds, and then go in and manually put in higher bid for those products I want to actually run. ALSO, should I start a whole new campaign outside existing Adwords campaign, or should I connect the the new Product Ads with Adwords campaign?

Thanks,

Gina

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Product Ads campaign - Can I include selected products only from feed?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Gina,

I think you are talking about Product Listing Ads (PLAs) here. Please correct me if that's not the case here.

For PLAs, best option is set up your separate campaign from other search campaigns because your PLAs don't use the keywords, but uses your product feed and communicate directly with the feed available on Merchant Center account.

In order to select specific products, you can use product targets inside your ad group, where you can choose from different attributes to match specific product type which is there in the Merchant Center account. As per Google, 3 product criterias can be set up in an ad group and then based on the info you provided, Adwords will match the products inside your product feed and will show the relevant products to the searchers online. You can refer to this article for more details.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Gina,

If you want to use certain products you are able to add an adwords labels attribute to your feed to help manage it.

"Additionally, in order to help us better match your Google Merchant Center products to search queries, Google recommends adding one or more optional AdWords attributes to your Google Merchant Center offers. The AdWords attributes that may be attached to offers in Google Merchant Center accounts are included below."

http://support.google.com/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=188479

Create a separate product listing campaign as you'll want to track everything separately.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Gina,

I think you are talking about Product Listing Ads (PLAs) here. Please correct me if that's not the case here.

For PLAs, best option is set up your separate campaign from other search campaigns because your PLAs don't use the keywords, but uses your product feed and communicate directly with the feed available on Merchant Center account.

In order to select specific products, you can use product targets inside your ad group, where you can choose from different attributes to match specific product type which is there in the Merchant Center account. As per Google, 3 product criterias can be set up in an ad group and then based on the info you provided, Adwords will match the products inside your product feed and will show the relevant products to the searchers online. You can refer to this article for more details.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Purefuzz,

Regarding additional attributes, can I make up my own adwords_grouping and adwords_labels or does Google have an existing list of groupings and labels that I will have to use?

When you say: Create a separate product listing campaign as you'll want to track everything separately.

Do you mean create new product listing ad campaign outside my existing Adwords campaign?

G

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Appreciate you answer Pankaj,

Yes, my question is about Product Listing Ads.

I will look into the added attributes as a solution and will probably use both adwords_labels and adwords_grouping, but wondering is I can create within the attributes custom terms, or is there a list of terms that must be used within the chosen attributes?

G

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey gdonovan,

I actually use the Product_Type attribute to to filter my products, in which case these are cusomizable via your Product Feed.

To Purefuzz & Pankaj's point, you should setup a new campaign within your existing account that is only Product Listsing Ads. 

Thanks,

BI

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Gina,

You can use anything you would like to organize it. You will then be able to filter in Adwords for those specific terms that you filtered. So filter it however is most comfortable for you.

Bidding by product is something that we started doing for our clients.