AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Problems with copy/paste in AdWords Editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a major problem in Adwords Editor (v.9.7.1) being unable to copy and paste Campaigns, Adgroups, Ads and Keywords.

After copying an object, either with the short command Ctrl + C or using Edit --> Copy, I am unable to paste the object as the Paste option in AdWords Editor is gray and unclickable.

I am however able to copy a text in AdWords Editor such as a keyword and then paste it outside of AdWords Editor as for example in a MS Word Document.

Does anyone else have a similar problem? I am suspecting that it has something to do with my specific computer or OS as I can log in to my account via another computer and copy/paste without a problem.

The computer I use is a HP EliteBook 2560p running Windows 7 Enterprise Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

I am greatly thankful for all the help I can get!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problems with copy/paste in AdWords Editor

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

I can copy and paste anything from a keyword to a full campaign.

Sounds like you're correct--this is a localized problem. Let me see if I can find anyone who might know something about the tech side of the product.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

To me it sounds as a software problem. I am also using hp hardware (though not the Elite series). I am not a great fan of hp hardware, However, I haven't had any compatibility problems with AdWords UI on an hp machine.

Since you run Win 7 Enterprise Edition - could it be that your system administrator restricted your privileges? (e.g. setting the local drive  where AW editor is installed to a "read only"?)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That sounds like a reasonable possibility.

I am although able to open AdWords Editor as an administrator but I still have the same problem.

Is there any way for me to check if the case is as you suggested by myself or do I need to talk to the system administrator to get that information?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Shanazari;

If Your company policy allows the use of AW editor on your laptop (i.e you installed AW editor for running AW campaigns for your company) - I would talk with your system admin to solve the issue.

On the other hand, If you installed AW editor for your personal use,  - your sys. admin, probably, will not be helpful, since (in this event) he did not authorize the installing application on a company machine.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

Just as a precaution, routine, etc., did you get recent changes (slow), and all deleted or ended items, before attempting to make any changes in the editor?

Any chance this could just be some weird posting/download issue?

Tom

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have tried both getting the recent changes the "fast" and the "slow" way without any change in results.

It seems AmandaE444 in this below thread has a similar problem, but I can not find any resolution to her problem.

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/adwords/campaign-management/QXWc-sKpDXU

In my case I am both able to create a text file in the temp folder as well as doing the advance search without any issues.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same problem:

I'm not able to paste keywords or ads. Creating a file in the temp directory works perfectly.

Is there anyone who solved this problem yet?

Manually copying all the keywords between 10 accounts isquite a lot of work...

thanks, Markus!

P.S. I found only this workaround:

Copy the ads or keywords in the "source" account and use the button "Make multiple changes" in the "target" account.

Select the desired rows and preview / apply changes.

This worked for me.

Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner

It looks like from the other thread, that AmandaE444 was not able to get a solution through the online forum. Igor suggested to file a support request, and at this point that seems like the thing to do. Since Amanda didn't follow up, who knows what the issue was. When you do figure it out, please do let us know what the problem was. Apparently others may have this problem in the future, and this thread could be a great resource for them. Smiley Happy

Tom