AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Problems with Ad showing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I have 2 Ad Groups. One for brand advertising and one for probiotics. In the Brand group I used negative keyword "probiotics" to prevent ads showing when someone looks for "probiotics brand name". And in the second ad group I have keywords like:

+probiotics +brand name

"probiotics brand name"

But when I try to look for my ads through Ad Preview tool it shows a message that negative keyword "probiotics" prevent my ad from showing. Where can be a problem? It looks like the system sees only the first ad group and its keywords but it ignores keywords containing brand name from the second ad group (Probiotics group).

Thanks

Re: Problems with Ad showing

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Is the negative keyword "probiotics" attached at the ad group level or is it excluded from the campaign which holds both ad groups ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi
It is ad group negative keyword. But both keywords in question have status "low search volume".

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

What search term do you type in the Ad Preview tool ? Could the search term match keywords from both ad groups ?

Maybe it is a search term that triggers a keyword from the first Ad Group with the brands. Is the MaxCPC higher for the brand keywords ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, that is the problem, that a part of a search term (name of a brand) is the same for keywords from both ad groups. So I thought when I use negative keywords for one group then only keywords from the second group would be triggered by the search term and ads from 2nd group would be shown in search results.