AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Problems creating an Analytics based remarketing campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to create a remarketing campaign based on an list built with Analytics.

I followed https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2444872 and linked my Analytics Account and enabled the "Remarketing" and
"Advertising Reporting Features".

Then I tried to follow https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3210317 but I am stuck at 10.) because there is no "checkbox to use the
tracking code that’s already on your website".

I tried to select "All users". But then my list later is empty and there is a note that adwords can't find any tracking code on my site. But according to first guide I shouldn't have to add any additional tagging when I want to use the existing Analytics tagging.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tobias R
May 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Review create a remarketing list... and note that when you first create the list you will not have any users in it (since it is new). As visitors use your tagged property they will be added to the list and the list will grow in size.  

Please note that you can still add the AdWords remarketing tag to your website, along with the Analytics tracking code. Using Google Tag Manager is a great way to consolidate all of the many tags into only one code that does everything. 

You should use Google Tag Assistant (a free Google Chrome extension) to check any/all tracking tags/codes on your properties and verify they are installed correctly and firing when they should.  

Lastly, I would modify and/or add a privacy policy on your website that states you are using such tracking technology for the purposes of advertising. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tobias R
May 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Review create a remarketing list... and note that when you first create the list you will not have any users in it (since it is new). As visitors use your tagged property they will be added to the list and the list will grow in size.  

Please note that you can still add the AdWords remarketing tag to your website, along with the Analytics tracking code. Using Google Tag Manager is a great way to consolidate all of the many tags into only one code that does everything. 

You should use Google Tag Assistant (a free Google Chrome extension) to check any/all tracking tags/codes on your properties and verify they are installed correctly and firing when they should.  

Lastly, I would modify and/or add a privacy policy on your website that states you are using such tracking technology for the purposes of advertising. 

Kind Regards,

James