AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Problem with the sample CSV sheet for Adwords Editor

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to create 1 campaign with 80 ad groups and natural ad words editor and a spreadsheet was going to help me finish the job fast. NO . Took me time to understand that the sample csv file was not that helpful.

The link : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuHDrmCX8MtydFdadzFHZVgzZXlpbW16Q283djZsRVE#gid=0

Then i found out that by creating a campaign with one adgroup and then exporting the .csv file from adwords editor will make the job easier.  

had to do some serious editing and copy paste but at the end the job was much faster by this way.

The format of the sample csv file has issues. Maybe the reason is all these latest updates and Googlers should definitely have a look on it.

Please tell me what possible went wrong and it didnt work for me ?

George Gemenetzis
Don't forget to Star or credit an answer as an AdWords Accepted Solution if it helped you.

Re: Problem with the sample CSV sheet for Adwords Editor

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi George,

Can you elaborate on the kind of issues you ran into? Did you get sort of error when you tried to upload the file?

Also, where did you find the link to this spreadsheet? Was it included in Help Center material?