AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Problem with the link display for adwordsa ds

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a following problem.

I have a campaign with ads that leads to specific page

This is the destination page:

http://russianmanagement.com/partners/0000/?utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=skidka&utm...

When I search google using my keywords and I see my ads, I move the mouse to the add (not clicking, just to see how the link is displayed) and it shows not my link from above, but the link of one of our partners, who also do advertising in Yandex and it looks like this http://russianmanagement.com/partners/3491?yclid=1866290255343128536

How is it possible that in google shows irrelevant link for my ads (not the one i out in ads myself)?

Screenshot_1.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problem with the link display for adwordsa ds

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Aleksandr,

Google allows multiple advertisers (AdWords accounts) to attempt to send traffic to the same website, however they will only show one ad per domain. In the instance where multiple advertisers are eligible to show ads on the same search terms and have the same destination URL domain then only the advertiser with the highest ad rank will show.

In your case it means that your "partner" has a higher ad rank than you - most likely just a higher bid. If you want your ad to show instead of theirs then I would recommend one of the following:

• Improve your ad rank: raise your bid, quality score, and/or improve your ad extensions
  • Take action against your partner: if this partner is an affiliate of yours then you should be able to decide which keywords they can and can't bid on. Work with your affiliate network or directly with the partner to resolve.

-Jim

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But in this case my ad is showing, not his. This is my ad in preview on the picture. I do not understand why his link in display shows (when you click on the ad, my page opens).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But in this case my ad is showing, not his. This is my ad in preview on the picture. I do not understand why his link in display shows (when you click on the ad, my page opens).